Coleman/ Fleetwood warranty for roof leak

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Any new news on roof warranty issues. I just found all this out through my dealer and I am being told no warranty as they are out-of-buisness. I am open to class action lawsuit.

Neither the original Fleetwood nor the HTCA company that bought out the Coleman line is in existence. Suing is pointless, since there is nobody to collect from.

All,
I have a 1998 Coleman Grandview. I recently contracted Palomino ([email protected]) to build me a new Palmino roof. Brian and Jevin is the guys I worked with getting the camper roof. My situation was a little different as I was replacing a roof that had a very large branch fall on my camper.

I was able to do all the work for ~1600 which consisted of more then just the roof in damages. I have posted on this site how I replaced it look for "1998 Coleman Grandview...insurance claim....options....rant...looking for ideas. " .  If I had to have it shipped it would be ~400-600 dollars more.

I know this may not be realistic financially for some campers but its a option worth considering if you are handy and your camper is in good shape.

Just my 2 cents,
Chris

Hey folks!  I have a 2008 E2 and love it.  But this year small holes in the roof created bubbles in the inside from the water getting in.  Called dealer to find they are out of stock and cannot be retrofitted.  That really sucks!  But my insurance coverd the original estimate of $2000 new roof. After reseach, I found Line-X dealer that can apply bed liner ( similar to the stuff sprayed in truck bed liners ) to the roof.  It can be colored to match any automotive paint chip and seals the roof with a tough 3/16" bullet proof coating.  This seems to be the only option I have.  The applicator already applied this to a E3 and the consumer says its tougher that the original.  He also claims the military uses this stuff for it's vehicles and aircraft.  Cost for me is $900.  I'm going to have it done.

I've been milling this one over for some time, and I thought that I would finally gauge some interest on the subject.  I am the owner of a 2008 Fleetwood E3 and have experienced the typical roof leak issues.  Luckily, I have patched them up and have made the best of the issue.  On the other hand, I am a licensed engineer, and a member of the National Association of Trailer Manufacturers (NATM) who currently works for a company that produces heavy duty commercial trailers for utilities.  I work with a very competent, and very accomplished fiberglass manufacturer, and among other things they mold single-piece fiberglass bodies for our utility trailers (check out www.pelsue.com and look at the Fiber Optic Splicing Trailers).  At any rate, I have been considering investing in the molds required to make single-piece, molded fiberglass replacement roofs for Fleetwood Evolution Campers.  I am aware that there are multiple sizes, but I am confident that I could make a modular mold that would enable the molding of many sizes, thus keeping the cost down.  Perhaps the roofs would also be common to other Fleetwood models other than the Evolution Series, thereby increasing volume, but I am not sure of that, and would appreciate any input.  Prior to investing in the tooling, I would like to survey the interest in the possibility that a fiberglass replacement roof would become available.  I would anticipate the cost to be under $1500, installation would be "do-it-yourself", unless you are in Denver, as there is no dealer network in existence anymore, and freight would be from the Denver, Colorado Area.  Please respond with your interest on the forum, if enough feedback is received, I may just bite the bullet and have the molds constructed.

I own a 2008 Tioga Ranger Class C MH, I believe it is made by Fleetwwod.  I have had no problems, but I now wonder if it is the old Fleetwood or the New Fleetwood?  Any thoughts?

Cheers

Has anybody had luck with the Line-x?  I called the guy in boulder and he said it was a bandaid...  njrude, have you built the E3 molds yet?  I live in Longmont and would be very interested.

Ted

njrude
Did you ever get enough interest in getting the molds made for the Coleman/Fleetwood roofs?  I suspect 12 ft boxes would be of primary interest.

I am interested for my 98 Grandview SP.

Thx

Back
Top Bottom