condensation around AC vents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rndygit

I don't know if this is a common problem or not but last summer was my 1st experience in RVing and I had a terrible problem with condensation around the interior ac vents. It was pretty severe at times and has discolored the headliner in places. I'm raring to go again but would like to know if this is usual or is there a solution to the problem before I venture out again

Sounds to me like high humidity, The air outlets are colder than the rest of the ceiling due to the cold air coming out of them so when the A/C shuts off how warm MOIST air inside the house contacts the cold plastic and condensation happens.

Solution: Fan on HIGH, not auto

Thanks John I will try that. It happens on every vent...all 7 so I don't believe it's a roof leak. I just put a new coating on the roof after having a leak around the shower skylight so if it was that it should be resovled....and lots of caulking.

If it truly is condensation on the ceiling, the interior humid air around the ceiling ducts is being chilled, which causes condensation. This sometimes happens in a high humidity climate simply from air that enters the interior whenever the outside door is opened.  However, a possible scenario is that condensation is taking place on the metal ducts in the ceiling and dripping out around the outlets. This can mean there is extra moisture above the ceiling (from a roof leak). Even after the leak is fixed, the residual moisture can cause problems for months.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
g-man911
Back
Top Bottom