Confessions of an RV Addict

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DryGulch

My name is Andy (hi Andy), and I'm an RV addict.

I first fell in love with teardrop trailers in high school, and since then my love (lust?) has expanded to everything south of a Class A motorhome. My wife and I lived out of a Ford Expedition SUV on a 25,000-mile/9-month sea-to-shining-sea road trip, so I'd like to believe I have some experience with RVing - plus countless weekend trips! My wife and I are also in the process of a building a Tiny Home. I enjoy every form of camping, from minimalist backpacking to yurt glamping. Oh, and we live in southern Utah, so camping opportunities abound.

It's my long-term goal to own my own RV manufacturing business (I have a B.S. in Mechanical Engineering, MCL, from Missouri S&T). This spring, I'll register as an RV technician, and I've started a small part-time camper company called Boondock Campers LLC, but I've paused production for the time being while I learn more about RV design, engineering and construction. But I'm not on this forum professionally, just personally.

It is my goal to become a thoroughbred expert on RV design and engineering. At the office, when other people secretly check Facebook, I furtively browse RV forums and product data sheets, lol.

Anyway, this post is starting to sound too much like a resume! I'm excited to learn everything I can from the thousands of years of collective RV experience on this forum. So, hello to all my fellow addicts. Looking forward to your stories.

Welcome DryGulch

You will find a ton of information regarding what people like and dislike about today's RVs.

IMHO...One of the biggest concerns is a lack of quality control regardless of the money spent.

Thanks to all of you! I feel very welcomed :)

Gizmo, I certainly hear your concerns about RV product quality. Lack of quality assurance and control will thwart the best laid design plans. I hope to learn to avoid these common pitfalls. Sometime soon, I'd like to take a 3-week trip to Elkhart, Indiana and just roll through the factory tours, getting the insider scoop on what to do and what NOT to do.

I don't think it will mater about what to do (or not),,,It seems to change weekly. They have all been bad guys at one time or another, and I own an American coach.>>>Dan

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tensch
Back
Top Bottom