Considering an RV. Bath Tubs in RV's?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

induna

Hi
Am considering becoming an RV'er full-time.  Have not acquired an RV at this time. Wife has critical question. What are the criteria for having and being able to use a Bath-tub in an RV?  Maybe combined tub and shower?
Thanks for any response.
Induna

I have seen  very small bathtubs in some rigs.  One  problem with them  is going to be having enough hot water  to fill them.  One would have to 
be connected to water and sewer for  most ease of use in filling and emptying.    The ones I've seen are so small that I would have to sit in it with my  knees to my chest. 
I just learned to love showers instead.  And even very short showers when  boondocking ( no hooks ups)

Betty

A bath takes nearly 30 gallons of water so you are goiing to need park water and sewer, no holding tank for that amount.. Now just so you know today they have bath tubs where you open a door, walk in and sit down... Some of those are within 1" of the size of a standard RV shower. (Or even less)

I'd use a Demand type water heater with it if I were installing.. And some day.. I just might do that.

My 1979 Foretravel, which I purchased last month, has a 4' tub in it. I agree with everyone when they say that it just isn't practical to consider actually using for a "luxurious" soak. It pretty much just seems to be a waste of space  :'(

You can see a photo of it at http://www.1979Foretravel.blogspot.com.

Some good camping "buds" of ours have an older MH with a small tub/shower combination. I can tell you it comes in VERY HANDY when they take there 2 small granddaughters along! It is much easier (and less messy) than a shower in that case. Of course the trips is planned to include a full hookup site w/sewer and the water in the tub is only a few inches deep but it is a godsend! I can also recall some times it was needed over a shower for certain medical conditions of their elderly parent who sometimes travels with them. Even the pup has enjoyed a time in the tub! Otherwise they use it to hold soda bottles and water jugs during transit.  :)

the ones i've had were small about the only way to use it was for small children, otherwise it was a pain to step over.

Thanks to all who have responded.  General consensus appears to be it's a pain and waste of space. 

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fth
Back
Top Bottom