Contour tinted, dual-glazed, thermo-insulated window

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

IslandGuy

We just ordered a new 2015 WGO Adventurer 32H and was wonder what the difference is between the standard Tinted, dual-glazed, thermo-insulated windows and the optional "Contour" tinted, dual-glazed, thermo-insulated window.
Thanks for any information you can provide....

Jim

The contour are integrated into the sidewall more than the standard and flip up when opened as opposed to sliding.  They give a more finished appearance and perhaps are less prone to wind noise when driving.

In addition: The type of window will be evident in Winnebago photos: the standard sliding windows have a vertical bar in the centre of the window, while the contour windows have a wide, 3 - 4" horizonal piece of framework across the centre of the window. The standard windows, would appear to allow more light, not to mention more rain.

Thanks folks...guess will just have to go check the different windows when I go back to the Dealer this week....forget the cost on the option...maybe $600....

Since the details of your order are not yet chiselled in stone, then I will venture to offer a bit more, since I am looking at the same rig, or perhaps the 35P.

The contour windows are listed in at $630 in 2014 sheet. My initial impression of the contour windows was: Wow!! Are they ever ugly!! The windows are already small enough as it is; but that ugly WIDE band of black framework going across the centre of the window, not only blocks a lot of light, but actually makes the window look even smaller, if they are not in fact actually smaller. Pictures of side-slider make the window look bigger, and allow a lot more light to enter the rig, not to mention unencumbered picture-view of your surroundings.

While side slider windows might not seem be as versatile as crank-outs in a rainstorm, in actual experience, since the sliders have screens over the windows, water merely runs down the exterior screen when it rains, unless you are experiencing one big honkin' rain storm.

We currently have crank-outs in the bedroom on our old rig; and I really like that feature, not only for unpredictably rainy nights, but they are great for adjusting and fine-tuning the bedroom the cross-breeze. But for the rest of the rig, we are happy with the sliders, and the choice for our new rig.

BTW, have you actually seen floorplans, options, or pictures anywhere for 2015??

Stan,
I went to the WGO dealer today and checked out the contour windows and I have to agree with you....look nice from outside but I don't like what it looks like from inside....so we cut that option out...one thing I learned was the infotainment option which was a $1533 option is now standard on the 2015 models...and of course the base price has gone up....hope to learn more on Wednesday when I return to the dealer to firm up the deal...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KaySmith
Back
Top Bottom