Converting manual awning to electric

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Having had 2 manual and three electric, personally I would stick to manual. The manual have more versatility, and less things to go wrong with it.

Unless your incapable of handling it any longer kdbgoat is right on the money.

I totally get the appeal of an electric awning. Having two friends with power awnings I get jealous watching them simply push a button while I'm fiddling with the manual operations. Where I don't get jealous is the minute any sort of breeze blows up they have to bring them in because the arms aren't as supportive as my manual one. Also my one friend's awning the gas pistons on either side seem to be weakening and the awning starts to dip after a while. I like how strong I can stake my manual down, I've had it out in some pretty decent wind and rain situations and it's taken it all like a champ.

Over the years I've replace four broken/damaged electric awnings with manual awnings for people. One of those was an electric awning they paid to have installed just a couple of years prior to replace a manual awning that just needed new fabric.

My coach has a manual awning and after reading about all the problems people have with the electric ones, I'm glad.

Back
Top Bottom