Convincing my wife length matters

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Nope, just saying it sounds like experience talking. :)) Advice that should be well heeded.

kdbgoat said:
Nope, just saying it sounds like experience talking. :)) Advice that should be well heeded.

Yeah, we're looking for something larger with a better floor plan. However, I'm not dog poo. My wife picked out the Drop. Wait a minute. Wife just walked in and called me dog poo.

Well, just a little update..........................couple signed on our house today, should close in about 6 weeks.  My wife had her eye on a Thunderbolt XLR 420 AMP, went to put money on it last week and it was sold.  Was still trying to sell her on the Fuzion 371 or Grand Design 351, 39ish feet, 14000ish pounds.........we wound up in northern Michigan where she decided on a 43 Foot Fuzion 424, dry weight of 15.850sih pounds.....seemed a bit large for my 2016 Dodge 2500 HD, even if it is an HD.........................so second stop was at the Dodge Dealership, traded for a 2018 Dodge 3500HD dually.....between the two, about 25,000 dollars more then I wanted to spend.

Calling to get insurance quotes now........just on the TH mind you they said $2,577 for 6 months, that is after she asked me if it had seatbelts, airbags and anti lock brakes........think I will shop around.

Anyhow.............it is all fine and dandy to be planning.....thanks for the help and input from many here, but now it has become real.

lone_star_dsl said:
I don't want to start a big argument here, but your numbers are either outdated or purely subjective.  My 2016 Ram 3500 DRW has a GCWR of 39,100 lbs which leaves me with about 30,000 lbs of towing capacity. I've hauled that much weight many times and there is certainly no need for a MDT to do it.

Pin weight is a limiting factor for pickup trucks,  yes it may pull a 30k lb. trailer,  but will it handle a pin weight of 6K lbs ?

sightseers said:
Pin weight is a limiting factor for pickup trucks,  yes it may pull a 30k lb. trailer,  but will it handle a pin weight of 6K lbs ?

The "all important" yellow label says my truck is good for another 5,500 and change.

When my gooseneck trailer is near 30,000 lbs, it is loaded with my backhoe and a few assorted implements. It's easy enough to move them around to achieve a comfortable pin weight.

When we finally decided on the size trailer we wanted, we rented a trailer with a similar sized and floor plan for 10 days.

You learn a lot in a very short period of time before you spend the big bucks.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gregcss43
Back
Top Bottom