Cost of PA/OH/WV/MD/NY State Parks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

steelmooch

Hi all! Thanks for your time & consideration.

I figure a lot of us have traveled with or met up with non-RV owners who had to find nearby lodgings to make it work.

I'm researching what I hope will be somewhat of a road-trip style loop out of Southwest PA, and shocked to see what looks like staggering state-to-state differences for cabin accommodations.

We're experienced with PA modern cabins and I know that for a week in the summer, our travel party add-ons can get a modern cabin (kitchen, bathroom, A/C, provide your own bedding/cookware) for <$100/night.

It looks like WV cabins (admittedly *with* bedding, unlike their PA counterparts) and equipped a bit more comfortably, are closer to $200/night.
The Ohio ones comparable to the WV ones are looking to be around $300+/night! 😬

Is this really the case? I know it's not a true apples-to-apples comparison, but am I really seeing a stark $100/$200/$300 difference to get a family of 5 into a modern cabin with A/C, bathroom, kitchen, etc?
Thanks...any info is much appreciated. Maybe i'm looking in the wrong place on the state reservation sites, or maybe this is a known "thing". 🤷‍♀️

Happy travels, all! 👍🏻😊

I should clarify...these are for *state park* cabins of the "modern" variety. Thanks

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iec-telecom
Back
Top Bottom