Cougar322qbs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I take it you got the 6.7 liter diesel ny your comments. It is a sweet motor. The seats and interior design are pretty good too in my opinion.

Thats a roger, i got the 6.7. Im offshore right now, i bought it over the phone and the wife picked it up on Saturday. I cant wait to drive it!!! Had a problem with the hitch though, it wont mount up in the 250. So i have a 15k Reese slider on order. I have my 12k superglide up for sale if anyone is interested. I was really hoping to keep the superglide, it was so easy and never had to worry about anything.

Yeah, that leather in the Lariat is fantastic.  I would love to have that leather over mine.  Congrats on the truck...can't wait for the pics!

cajunrzr, congrats on the new truck , didn't realize you were looking to do something soon, thought you were happy with the setup.  That's to bad about the hitch, seeing how expensive they are.  Will you be getting another superslide or did you go with a 8 foot bed?  Being new to diesel as i am I will tell you there is "nothing" like pulling with a diesel.  On the highway my truck will not even shift down with the trailer on it, LOVE IT. Took the truck unloaded for a 3 hour trip to look at a 322(that we bought) and I was getting 18-19 mpg highway which I think is pretty good for a truck not even broken in yet(just over a 1000 miles on it).  We will be picking up the camper in 2 weeks can't wait to get it and pull it!  What is the payload on the f-250?  Are you still going to run airbags or try without?

Congrats on the 322, u will love it!! Yeah, i wasnt really expecting to buy a diesel this soon, but my wife suprised me with a 250 last weekend. She did a damn good job. It has every option imaginable!!! Im gonna make a few pulls without airbags and see how it goes,  but i think ill eventually end up throwing some on.  It does have the short bed so I have a reese manual slider on order, but some guy called me the other day saying he has a hitch like me and just went through the same ordeal of it not installing in his 250. He owns a fb shop and had one of his boys make some new frame mounts for him and he said its perfect. So before i go get my new hitch, im gonna make a pass by his place and peek at the setup. I may end up doing the same cause i really like my superglide.

cajunrzr,  That's a nice surprise, not something my wife would ever do!!(for many reasons I'm very picky, HA,Ha).  Seeing you already have the superslide hitch, I would definitely look into that option, and the cost my not be that bad.  My hitch is being installed on Wensday this coming week and I'm supposed to go get the camper on Friday if all works out.  My travel trailer is worth about 10,000 to 12,500 was best trade in i was afford by a dealer.  The dealer we bought it from wants my camper and 20,500 no tax (have to pay the tax when I register at home about 1,250 on 20,500 not full price)  I also got them to put a 19" TV in the bunk room(did not have one) and slideout covers on all 3 slides.  So I think I did OK on the deal.  There is a used one for sale for 25,000(which would be a great deal),  but that would mean trying to sell mine out right and it's starting to get some delineation on the front wall, so don't want to go through the hassle of selling myself.  Also the used camper has oak cabinets(2010) and the one we went with(2011) has cherry cabinets that my wife and I both loved the look of.  So busy week coming up!!

cajunrzr, let me know how the new truck pulls the trailer??  Let you know how mine does after picking up camper this weekend!

cajunrzr, well i picked up the camper on Friday and brought it home about a three hour ride.  1st Thing I have to say is WOW that takes a little getting used to a trailer that size!! 2nd  There is nothing like pulling with a diesel enough said about that...    I can't believe you pulled this with a 1/2 ton truck, this trailer is crazy its heavy, its big , and its long. Every car that passed me on the highway had this look of terror on there face, it was funny, LOL. When I left the camper store for about a hour i kept saying to myself "what the hell did I get myself into, and could I go back and get my trade in "  after that first hour I started getting used to it , and after a couple of hours I was fine.  It wasn't so much getting used to pulling it it was more stopping it, you need to be on top of your game at all times. With that said I need to comment on one of the nicest feather's on the truck  THE ENGINE BREAK  is unbelievable how much it helps you, it is amazing!  You are going to LOVE it . So I'll be loading all my stuff in and next stop is the scale to check weights, hopefully get that done today.  Very happy with the combo!

Awesome jay!!! Glad to hear u like it!!! I still have not pulled my camper yet as my new hitch just came in but wont be installing it until the end of June. Its burning a hole in my you know what to hook this up!!! Let me know how your trip to the scales comes out!!

cajanrzr, went to the scale on the weekend, with all my camping gear loaded in trailer (chairs,tables,outdoor carpet,and etc.) But without clothes, food, bikes, water(witch i don't usually carry) and what ever else I'm forgetting, the trailer came in at 10,500 and the truck came in at 9720 with my family in the truck and full of fuel.  So hitch weight came in at about 1700.  This puts my truck gvw over by 120 not  to bad so I'll be getting the airbags like I was expecting.

cajunrzr, did you get your hitch for your truck yet?  Were you able to use the superslide?  Sorry Don't know if your on leave or not have seen a post in a while.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thumpercolt
Back
Top Bottom