Country Coach renovation Pictures

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
3labs said:
Hi all

Hear are some pics of the bus renovation. This took a year to complete. Click here
[edit]Fixed link.[/edit]

Thank you for posting the reno...you're giving me inspiration and helping to form more exactly what we are looking for in our new/old rv! You did amazing things with that coach!

Nice job!
Very motivational...think I'll get back to work on rebuilding my cab-over today  ;)

One quick observation.  I did not look at it until now.  It appears that the floor of the bays is plywood only, which is set on your beefed up framing.  If that is true, then the floors will be gone in no time in the bays.  You need a sheet of metal, plastic or similar material below the plywood to prevent the water damage that will occur to the plywood, even if it is marine grade and painted.  Better yet:  place the metal surface below the framing, add rigid insulation between the frames and then finish with the plywood.

Brian,

I've got a '95 Intrigue and I'm dying to see your pics for ideas, but I can't get past the login page on Snapfish.  Can you send me a different link?  Or maybe some pics via email?

Are you even still on here?

Thanks very much.  Can't wait to see your job.

Dan

rjmoore999 said:
Very nice! Your changes make a big difference in the overall look-much more upscale.

I bought a '94 Sea Breeze earlier this year (my first MH, want to see how we like it) and after renovating several houses, I am not thrilled with it's mauve/blue interior and am already contemplating a makeover. I very much like the tile option, something that I can do just fine, but I am concerned with it cracking down the road. I am interested in how well it holds up for you. Did you do anything special when laying it? I've had a bit of experience with a Pergo floor that I installed in our rather large kitchen several years ago and I find that it has held up extremely well, although it's not tile, of course.

Bob

Hey Bob!
We just bought a 99 Dolphin and I know exactly what you mean about the blue/gray interior.  It was a 90s thang...LOL .  I've managed to remove all the deteriorating decals from the exterior and have found a professional sign shop that will be adding 'modern' decals to it pretty soon.  I've replaced the old CRT type main TV with a flat screen digital TV and numerous cleanup, etc.  The biggest issue we've had so far is a leak that refuses to be sealed.  We've even had CW do a seal test and found very little evidence of any major leak and the one's it did find shouldn't drain at a point on the interior that is HIGHER that the entrance! LOL  Besides the 'non fixable leak' we're happy.....and tired.  What a project.  I'v got a few pics and I need to set up an account somewhere that I can post em.  You done any revovations?

I know I'm a few years late on seeing your post but I've got to say "great job!!!!"  Cannot believe how updated you made it!  Hope you have been able to enjoy it over the past few years.  Shows what can be done!  :)

My wife would love to have one of those cute little fireplaces in our rig, but alas no space for it. 

Good job, it is a lovely coach and a great job updating it. 

Jeff

RLSharp said:
I didn't have to sigh up. Just clicked on "view Now."
Well I must be blind because I can't find a "view now" button. I even searched the page and came up blank.

seilerbird said:
Quote from: RLSharp on February 25, 2008, 09:30:15 PM
I didn't have to sign up. Just clicked on "view Now."

Well I must be blind because I can't find a "view now" button. I even searched the page and came up blank.

Tom,

First, this quote is from 2/25/2008. Second, when I go back and try to view the photos, I no longer find the "view now" button. So, I don't know what has changed since then but obviously something has. BTW, I have no recollection of this conversation from almost four years ago, so can't help there either.

R

Thanks Richard. The only date I looked at was the last one in the thread and that was today. I thought if Jeff got in then I should be able to get in. He must have registered or already been registered.

Neither do I, but I'm sure the site has changed a lot in 4 years.

Back
Top Bottom