Crafting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mahmah55

Hello to everyone :)
    I am going to be purchasing a travel trailer and will be living full time in RV parks.  I am a crafter and am curious if anyone knows if the RV parks allow craft shows or the selling of crafts on property? Instead of setting up at a craft show or flea market I would rather do it out of the comfort of my living area.  I have checked out a few local RV parks and noticed they do have a calendar of events available but unsure of the craft sale idea??? Thinking if one is already not on the calender how to go about creating one? Anyone with answers or ideas I would love to hear them as I plan on moving in September.  ::)

I think you would nave to contact the park and get their take on it. I believe a lot of parks frown on it. You're making money on their land and how do they control the people coming in off the street. I know the park I snowbird in has a craft day open to the general public and that would be the place to show your crafts. And the event is at the beginning of the park no way near any campers.
Now there is a person in my park who paints. People know that. She does not advertise and people just go to her and it works out OK.

I would think you would also need to check on whether or not you need a license to sell.  And if you move around, you might need one specific for that location.

As mentioned, most campground do not allow advertising or selling products on their property. 

Marsha~

Thank you for the advice. Makes sense as far as selling from my home. Thinking best way to approach would be the monthly craft show and if the park doesn't offer it hey might be something i could start. Who knows? ::)

It may be easier and more profitable to use Ebay or Craig's List or some such site.  There are quite a few.  Mailing is usually not that expensive.  Just a thought to bypass the humbug. Good Luck.

retiredcajunlady said:
It may be easier and more profitable to use Ebay or Craig's List or some such site.  There are quite a few.  Mailing is usually not that expensive.  Just a thought to bypass the humbug. Good Luck.

Etsy is pretty popular among crafters.

Yes!  How could I forget Etsy!  Using pay pal accounts makes it so easy and safe too.  Just a thought.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Charlie13
Back
Top Bottom