Cruising and RV’ing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ron&Mary

Hello all, my husband and I just joined. Of course we have a question. We have been RV’ing for 16 years. This year though we are mixing up the 6 months road trip with a 2 week cruise. We sail out of Seattle and would like to camp somewhere near and camp before and after the cruise and leave our rig at a campground while we are cruising. Can anyone suggest a campground that they have used That has a reasonable storage rate. Thanks in advance. Ron and Mary

Hello all, my husband and I just joined. Of course we have a question. We have been RV’ing for 16 years. This year though we are mixing up the 6 months road trip with a 2 week cruise. We sail out of Seattle and would like to camp somewhere near and camp before and after the cruise and leave our rig at a campground while we are cruising. Can anyone suggest a campground that they have used That has a reasonable storage rate. Thanks in advance. Ron and Mary
Not many campgrounds allow you to leave your RV unattended on a site, and not many have a storage area where you could store while on your cruise. You'd probably be better off looking at storage lots.

I’ve cruised out of Seattle. It’s beautiful there. The port is just a few blocks from the SpaceNeedle. Are you taking a 2 week cruise to Alaska? We did 1 week on NCL to Alaska and really enjoyed it. The port is downtown, so I’m guessing you would need to find an accommodating RV park or storage someplace else and then drive/Uber down to the port. The airport is an interesting idea too, but also a ways from the port. Best of luck and enjoy! We are avid cruisers and haven’t been since December 2019. Can’t wait to get back to cruising ourselves!

Not many campgrounds allow you to leave your RV unattended on a site, and not many have a storage area where you could store while on your cruise. You'd probably be better off looking at storage lots.
Tom is right, not many campgrounds have storage or long term stays. However the RV Park I live in in central Florida has a storage area and there are several airport long term parking lots.

Long term parking lots at airports have excellent security and can accommodate large vehicles.
Also, if I remember correctly, they had a line that runs from the airport all the way downtown. It may even get you very close to the port. So this may be a great idea, but obviously you would need to verify all this. Hope you have a great time!

We've stayed at a few RV parks that had storage areas (all on the East Coast though, and all private campgrounds), so they do exist at least in some places. Perhaps call some of the RV parks in the area and ask? I've also read a few posts here and there (either on a message board or in a blog) of people leaving their RVs in long term parking at the airports, which made it sound like doing that wasn't uncommon. Enjoy your cruise!

We’ve only cruised once out of Florida where we live,but would love someday to do the same as you! We loved the cruise we went on to the Virgin Islands,but to park the RV and go to Alaska would be outstanding dream. I’ve noted the campground you mentioned in Wa. you found for future reference. Safe travels and enjoy!
Scott,Orlando

Ask the cruise company - someone in their office probably knows of folks that have done the same thing - potentially they may have customer parking available and you can simply park in their secure lot.

Back
Top Bottom