CUM-ISC Lost second belt, stuck along freeway...driveable?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
WILDEBILL308 said:
Chet, I think a better process is to carry new belt as a spare not one you took off because you felt it was not reliable. Why go through the trouble replacing a belt with one that will have to be replaced because it is not reliable enough to leave on. Just saying.
Bill

If I replace the 3 year old belt before it needs it, I will have a working belt to use until I can get a new one. I'd rater always put the new one on when I get it, then there is less chance of a failure during it's 3 year use period. All the used belt is saved for is a spare to get me moving until I can get another new one.

I do the same as Chet - I replace old belts as preventive maintenance and keep the most recent oldie as an emergency spare. Yeah, I might have to do the belt change twice if I do get a premature failure, but with PM the odds are I won't ever have to deal with that.  I also prefer not to have a new belt hanging around for (hopefully) years while waiting to be needed. By the time I actually need it, it too may be aged and nearing the end of its useful life. All rubber products age...

AC Belt...we don't miss it here in Western WA, but we've got two on the way via Amazon Prime.

1999 Monaco Dynasty 40PBS with 330-ISC
Serpentine Belt = Cummins #3911581 or 3289235 = Dayco 5080690
$29.75 @ http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001986OD4

AC Belt =  Gates 17475 or Dayco 17475
$14.42 @ http://www.amazon.com/Dayco-17475-Fan-Belts/dp/B000C0YMB6

We were spared a great deal of headaches and inconvenience through the help of kind people here at RVForum.net.
Thank you very much!

Attachments

• rvbelt.JPG
    rvbelt.JPG
    136.7 KB · Views: 15
FYI, Monaco got back to me. The price direct from them is below:
Serpentine: S01803408 at $153.91
AC: 01803680 at $36.66

mentalarson said:
FYI, Monaco got back to me. The price direct from them is below:
Serpentine: S01803408 at $153.91
AC: 01803680 at $36.66
I just bought the belt from a Truck dealer for 35.00

Rene T said:
  They bought one for $29.75 through Amazon.

sowhat?  I simply walked into the local dealer and bought it off the shelf for 35.oo  and it was a fleetguard which is much better quality than dayco will ever be

RLSharp said:
Have you ever participated in a discussion where you did not INSIST on having the last word?

R
do you scour this forum just looking to make rediculous statement,s as the one you just made? just to cause trouble?

I totally agree with RLsharp. It wasn't a ridiculous statement.
I was wrong on the price of the belt. They paid $14.42 and you paid $35.00, I guess that makes it worthwhile. Don't you think so buchana?

Rene T said:
I totally agree with RLsharp. It wasn't a ridiculous statement.
I was wrong on the price of the belt. They paid $14.42 and you paid $35.00, I guess that makes it worthwhile. Don't you think so buchana?

Have you ever participated in a discussion where you did not INSIST on having the last word?
just asking 

AC belt is 11.00 here and serp belt is 35.00 as said

Rene T said:
I could continue this but I don't want to lower myself to your level. Goodby.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GandalfTheGrey
Back
Top Bottom