Cummins includes 600,000 RAM pickups in their emission recall

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SargeW

Site Team
Cummins has already agreed to a 2 billion dollar federal settlement to settle allegations of installing "defeat devices" on their diesel engines to avoid emissions testing. Now Cummins is including 600,000 RAM trucks in the recall that will "repair" engine control software. Stand by, this will be interesting.

Only 2013-2019 Ram 2500 and 3500 pickups are recalled, 2020 and newer aren't affected. The fine was $1.675B.
The young guys "rollin coal" aren't gonna be happy.

Last edited:
I sold my 2017 CTD, just too many issues with emissions and stuff.
I now have a 2024 chevy 6.6 with 10 speed. very smooth transmission, always
finds the right gear no lugging or over revving.

I sold my 2017 CTD, just too many issues with emissions and stuff.
I now have a 2024 chevy 6.6 with 10 speed. very smooth transmission, always
finds the right gear no lugging or over revving.
Have talked to a few owners of your truck. No complaints. My Ram 3500 with the 6.4 and 8 speed transmission pulls great. Would be nice if Ram came out with a 10 speed but the 8 speed is doing a good job.

Have talked to a few owners of your truck. No complaints. My Ram 3500 with the 6.4 and 8 speed transmission pulls great. Would be nice if Ram came out with a 10 speed but the 8 speed is doing a good job.
not every vehicle off the lot is a good one, mine started to have emissions related issues and it was "old" at 2017.. so i traded in for a better truck. scan the various <insert your make here > forums and you will see many like me moving away from diesel to larger gas engines.

My 2023 2500 Ram has the 6.4 gasser as well. Better payload numbers with the gasser, less maintenance, easier to get repaired if necessary. I owned a long line of Cummins diesels, and most were great. The lower price point was an incentive as well. Had her for about 8 months now, no complaints.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Savysoaker
Back
Top Bottom