Curiosity killed the cat

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Someone else may jump in, but I don't think that is carpet.  I think it's just the headliner material that has a very coarse weave.  I think it just looks like carpet in the one photo because the camera was held up very close to the ceiling.  If someone actually put berber carpet on the ceiling of a MH, I don't think it would look that smooth.

Looks like the standard Fleetwood ceiling (headliner) material for that period, which was basically ozite carpet material. It's durable, can be cleaned with most any chemical, and probably does help insulate and deaden sound a bit. I had a 96 Southwind with the same stuff. It was used for quite a few years in their low and mid range coaches.

My 2005 Gulf Stream MH has carpet on the ceiling - a very low pile plush.  It's a p.i.t.a. to clean, but does help with noise and insulation.  I just think it's weird.

My '99 Pace Arrow has the carpet looking headliner.  I had a slight water stain near the front a/c vent, which I cleaned with a spray carpet cleaner.  It took care of the problem.  I like this type of ceiling better that the white plastic ceiling in my '87 Pace.  Eddie Elk.

I have the carpeted ceiling in my Bounder and have never had a problem with it.  Any accidental stains (even water stains from bathroom skylights) are easily removed with mild soap and water.

Jeez... just happy this post was not about a dead family cat.....  :eek:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gregcss43
Back
Top Bottom