Cursor jumps around on Windows 10 laptop

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
PROBLEM SOLVED!

I can't believe that after all I have been through, and obviously what many others have been through, that the problem would be this simple!

Many of you guys have been telling me that my hand was accidentally touching the touchpad while typing, and I swore that it wasn't. Well, I kept looking at my hands while typing and even though my palm was above the touchpad my left thumb was very close and would sometimes lightly touch!

I experimented leaving the mouse pointer somewhere in the text and deliberately touching the touchpad. Even the slightest touch caused the cursor to jump back to where the mouse pointer was!

I had tried an app called "TouchFreeze" but that didn't solve the problem. I found another app called "Touchpad Blocker" and that did the trick. It disables the touchpad while you are typing, and you can set the delay before it activates the touchpad again after you stop typing, up to 3 seconds. I have my delay set on 2 seconds now and it's working perfectly! After you download and run the app you have a box with options including the delay!

I'm a happy camper again!  :D :D

I was about to ask if the laptop has touchscreen functionality, as I've had those drivers malfunction in the past and cause cursors to freeze or jump around unexpectedly. Disabling the touchscreen was always my first move since I rarely used it.

Sounds like you figured your issue out, so congrats and thanks for the update! :)

Where is that key located on the keyboard?

On my MSI computer it's at the left, below and separate from the keyboard, about where my palm is located when my fingers are in the a,s,d,f typing position.  The touchpad is below it and more centered.

I'm glad MSHappyCampers found the problem.  I wonder if the key I have is a touchpad blocker.  If so, it's the greatest!

ArdraF

Many of you guys have been telling me that my hand was accidentally touching the touchpad while typing, and I swore that it wasn't.

That is why I disable the touchpad first thing on all my laptops... Stupid place for it..(Bottom center) I prefer a touch point mouse (IBM/Levino called an eraser head) or a track ball off to the side.

I use a Wireless Mouse off to the side since the good options are now hard to find.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rubytuesday
Back
Top Bottom