Curved chrome exhaust tip

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

grooving grandpa

Happy 4th of July. Washed my 2004 Winnebago Journey today. Poked a hole in my curved chrome exhaust tip with the end of my long extension scrub brush. Dumb!!! It appears to be around 5 to 6 inches in diameter. What is the size? The U holding Clamp goes through a backing plate. What is the best way to break the chrome tip loose from the tail pipe, also putting the new tip on. Should I use a fine sand paper after removal to clean off the tail pipe and any liquid solution. Any idea of web stores or part number to order from.

Thanks, Lou

Happy 4th of July. Washed my 2004 Winnebago Journey today. Poked a hole in my curved chrome exhaust tip with the end of my long extension scrub brush. Dumb!!! It appears to be around 5 to 6 inches in diameter. What is the size? The U holding Clamp goes through a backing plate. What is the best way to break the chrome tip loose from the tail pipe, also putting the new tip on. Should I use a fine sand paper after removal to clean off the tail pipe and any liquid solution. Any idea of web stores or part number to order from.

Thanks, Lou
What was it made of, aluminum foil?

What was it made of, aluminum foil?
I actually poked two holes in it and I am a 83 year old weakling. The tip is flared on the end to go over the exhaust pipe. Does anyone know the size of tip I need to buy and how to remove it easily? I will call Winnebago after the 4th
Lou

If you poked a hole or two in it it needs replacing.. check the other one if there are 2
Most Truck Stops (The larger ones) and Truck Supply stores may well have replacements.
Removal I can not help with.
One note... I had to replace some exhaust on my generator that got mangled.
I had a Exhaust pipe place make an "extension" Cut the pipe just past the "mangle" and went to slide the extension on (They sweged one end) It did not fit. just a silly Milimeter or two too small.
I was about to get my expando tool (Pipe enlarger) when Inspration struck.
I got out my Magic Pipe Expander and fired it up.. Applied to the pipe for a bit and slipped it on like slipping a sock on a foot.. Then shut down the Magic Pipe Expander and reached for the pipe clamp to clamp it... No need. with the torch turned off the pipe cooled and shrank No way was it coming off the pipe it extended It was a very tight fit. (The magic Pipe Expander.. A propane torch. They expenad when heated.. The magic. the expansion is temporary so when it cools .. Very tight grip)

The exhaust elbow on the Cummins exhaust on the RV will expand it once again when it's hot. It might fall off at highway speed and bounce a few times along the highway before hitting something.
Ah but the pipe it's' attached to also gets hot at the same time and rate. You forgot that.
I did add the clamp. I'm a belt and suspenders type of person..

It appears "Truck Parks USA" does carry the right tip. I scrolled down on left to RV Exhaust tips. Looks like it is a Grecks 5-12EXC. $149 WOW. Also, thread end of u bolt not rusty. Bolt nuts loosen easily. Still going to call Winnebago. Wasn't expecting aluminum foil to be so expensive.
Lou

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaxL
Back
Top Bottom