Cutting bathtub

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hocopushic

We have a FEMA trailer, it is not being moved, ever. I want to make a walk in tub so it will be safer for us, we are getting older. I found an item on Amazon from a company called

Sorry, I wasn't finished, the company is called cleanCut. You cut the side of your tub & add their product and it becomes a walk in tub. My question is can I do this with a FEMA trailer tub?

Is your trailer a standard RV model that was for FEMA distribution? Or one of the models built specifically for FEMA... If it has a standard RV bathtub, the side wall is typically too thin for the CleanCut conversion piece. If it has a standard residential tub, then careful measurement would ensure a proper fit.

Last edited:
I don't think there is any "FEMA standard" tub. Various trailer builders adapt their standard designs to meet FEMA functional requirements, but the components used will vary. The emphasis is more on "cheap" than customization.

As Dutch alluded, most RV tubs are light weight and skinny, so it is doubtful that the CleanCut fixture would fit well. Their website has a Sizing Guide and a Sizing Video to help you figure out if it will work. See CleanCut Bath Cut Out - Product Sizing & How To | CleanCut

Not knowing the product, I'd be very leary about any "quick fix - fits all" product.

I usually try to save a buck/time/effort - and invariably, my dear wife ends up reminding me that you get what you pay for.

I was always a slow learner I guess.

Last edited:
If you have the tools and the skills needed then you may be able to do this, as long as you find a kit that will fit. I suspect that yours is a fiberglass tub and not an expensive one so be very careful. You can also get the kits from Home Depot and probably look at one before you decide. Menards and Lowe's have the same brand if you visit one of them.

I don't think there is any "FEMA standard" tub. Various trailer builders adapt their standard designs to meet FEMA functional requirements, but the components used will vary. The emphasis is more on "cheap" than customization.

As Dutch alluded, most RV tubs are light weight and skinny, so it is doubtful that the CleanCut fixture would fit well. Their website has a Sizing Guide and a Sizing Video to help you figure out if it will work. See CleanCut Bath Cut Out - Product Sizing & How To | CleanCut
It’s likely a standard 5’ tub/shower combo. Most likely PVC.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Savysoaker
Back
Top Bottom