Damon Dash rocker ID

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tazinnh

I recently bought a 2003 Damon Intruder 375.  There is a "rogue" rocker switch on the dash next to the cigarette lighter outlet that I can't for the life of me figure out what it's for.  I thought it may turn the 12V receptacle on/off, but it doesn't.  It's not labeled and I thought it was just my rig that had this switch, but I saw it on some other Damon RVs on e-bay recently.  Can someone please help me figure out what this darn switch does.....  It's bugging me, and the kids refuse to run around the RV looking for something turning on/off as I cycle the switch.

Thanks,
Derrick

Don't have a Damon, but that switch usually is the battery 'combiner' or boost switch which ties the house batteries to your chassis battery. 

I have a 94 Damon and I also have a few "rogue switches on the dash that I have not yet figured out. I have switch labeled "air horn" but there is no air horn on the roof. I have a switch labeled "fog lights" and again I have no fog lights. So the switch could possibly do nothing.

At pkunk said it could be the switch to combine the house and chassis batteries to help start your engine if you let the chassis battery run down. On mine it is labeled "Aux start". I also have a switch labeled "service" that I have yet to figure out.

There is a possibility it could be for the radio. In one position the radio gets power from the chassis battery only when the engine is running. In the other position the radio gets power from the house batteries for using the radio when parked.

I'll bet the Service switch turns on an under hood light - or the bay lighting.  On my 1994 Damon the hood light switch is right next to the generator kill switch, and I've accidentally hit it while turning off the generator and wound up with a dead chassis battery the next morning.

On our Bounder there is a switch marked "service" and it turns on a light in the electrical/sewer/water  bay.

Thanks,
  I have the standard switches on the other side of the dash all in a line, including the aux start and service bay lights...  I'm changing the radio out in the next few weeks and I'll see what it may go to.  The green indicator light on the switch lights up when it's turned on, so it has some power to it...

I wish...  :)

I think I figured out it's for the heated mirrors.  Haven't actually tested it, but the mirrors are heated and that's the only possible switch that could turn them on.

Derrick

pkunk said:
Don't have a Damon, but that switch usually is the battery 'combiner' or boost switch which ties the house batteries to your chassis battery.

I agree

On my 2005 Intruder there is exactly one unlabeled rocker at this time, It is near the 12 volt Dash outlet, and next to the mirror controls.. (Which is the hint) It is the mirror heater (Same as you seem to have figured out).

All the other switches are labeled.

I'm about to install a 2nd rocker switch without a label.. I may break out the P-touch though.

QUESTION: On a 2005 Intruder, Workhorse.. Anyone know the location of the control realays for the dash blower?  I have found one "Suspect" (Might be the high speed relay) but haee not found the low speed yet.. and that's the one I need.

Thanks.  that's exactly the rocker I'm talking about.  All the rest of mine are also labeled. I just wish the company labeled that one too.

John From Detroit said:
On my 2005 Intruder there is exactly one unlabeled rocker at this time, It is near the 12 volt Dash outlet, and next to the mirror controls.. (Which is the hint) It is the mirror heater (Same as you seem to have figured out).

All the other switches are labeled.

I'm about to install a 2nd rocker switch without a label.. I may break out the P-touch though.

QUESTION: On a 2005 Intruder, Workhorse.. Anyone know the location of the control realays for the dash blower?  I have found one "Suspect" (Might be the high speed relay) but haee not found the low speed yet.. and that's the one I need.

On a 2005 Intruder, Workhorse.. Anyone know the location of the control realays for the dash blower?  I have found one "Suspect" (Might be the high speed relay) but haee not found the low speed yet.. and that's the one I need.
Usually there's a multipole dropping resistor inside the fan plenum - that would be the first thing I'd check if only the high speed setting works.

Apologies if you've already done this.

Back
Top Bottom