Day Night Blinds

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I found on the web a cheat sheet for restringing.  Send me your email, the file is too large to attach.

No need to send the file - just post the link (URL) of the web page or site that has it.

There are several sets of instructions for re-stringing online. I think I recall a YouTube video as well. Google (or Bing) will find them all if you wish.

I've restrung almost all of ours. The 4 string ones are the hardest. Just use a BIG needle. I use 50lb fishing line and to hold the string at the bottom singer sewing machine  metal bobins. On Tiffin MH's it's easier to remove the entire window treatment with the shade still attached and then remove the shade.

The good news is yes they can be restrung.  In fact if you go to the Winnebago web site in tech info ( I think) there are actually diagrams and instructions on how to do it yourself.  If you can't find it just call the main phone at Winnebago and they will tell you where it is. 
The bad news is it looks pretty complicated and even though I consider myself pretty handy I chose not to subject myself to the aggravation.
We were in Port Charlotte FL when we needed to get two of ours redone.  There were two RV repair shops in the area that had outside people that could do the job.  I think they only charged around 35 bucks each and did it in less than a week.  I had the shop install them in the coach too for a few extra bucks.
I'd call RV repair shops in your area and there may well be someone that does these things there too.
Good luck, Steve

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Claassen
Back
Top Bottom