Dealers and Discounts on new Tiffins

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

EdBickfordCPA

This summer we are going to purchase a Tiffin Allegro 36UA (new model similar to the 36LA) and will be ordering it the way we want it. I've noticed at the RV Shows that discounts at the show's tend to average around 16% off MSRP on Allegros, some other brands are higher.  If you bought a new Tiffin what discount were you able to get?  What dealer's do you like?  One sales person I talked to a local RV show here recommended I buy from one near Tiffin's factory to lower the delivery cost.  Won't mind traveling a couple days if it is worth it. 

Most all dealers will offer, or even advertise, prices that are about 15% off MSRP. You have to negotiate, sometimes hard, to get more. For very popular models, the dealer doesn't have much incentive to go much lower - he can just wait a short while and sell it to somebody else. High volume dealers will often discount more deeply for a couple of reasons (manufacturer volume discounts, fixed cost amortization over a larger sales volume, etc), while dealers in a small market typically do not unless they need to earn some cash immediately. It's tough to make generalizations.

I would suggest getting prices from some large Tiffin dealers, especially those within several hundred miles of Red Bay, AL (for the lower delivery costs). Ask if the others will match whatever offer you get from the lowest seller. Use those prices to discuss with a local Tiffin dealer (if there is one near you) and see what they come up with. If you can buy close to home for near the same price, it's probably worth it.

Gary RV Roamer said:
Most all dealers will offer, or even advertise, prices that are about 15% off MSRP. You have to negotiate, sometimes hard, to get more. For very popular models, the dealer doesn't have much incentive to go much lower - he can just wait a short while and sell it to somebody else. High volume dealers will often discount more deeply for a couple of reasons (manufacturer volume discounts, fixed cost amortization over a larger sales volume, etc), while dealers in a small market typically do not unless they need to earn some cash immediately. It's tough to make generalizations.

I would suggest getting prices from some large Tiffin dealers, especially those within several hundred miles of Red Bay, AL (for the lower delivery costs). Ask if the others will match whatever offer you get from the lowest seller. Use those prices to discuss with a local Tiffin dealer (if there is one near you) and see what they come up with. If you can buy close to home for near the same price, it's probably worth it.

That's basically the negotiation approach I plan to take.  We will be ordering a coach with the options and finishes we want. I'm thinking aside from getting exactly what we want there are a few other  advantages.  The dealer has no carrying cost and since it is not on his lot, waiting for someone else to buy is taken out of the equation. It's basically make an easy sale or let us go somewhere else.  At least theoretically!

I agree, Ed, but some dealers don't see it that way. They still have to put up the money to have it built, get a production slot assigned, etc. And apparently some buyers get cold feet and either try to back out or delay taking delivery. A sizable non-refundable deposit would eliminate that worry, but buyers often scream bloody murder if asked for that.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thumpercolt
Back
Top Bottom