Dear Murphy's Law... Stabilizers won't work EDIT:(FIXED)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sfelber9

Please oh please oh please don't show your face at my camper...

Got the new rig home and parked in the yard. Plugged into shore power (110) and opened it up. Slides out. Awning out... Hey, that's bouncy... Time to put down the stabilizer legs... Push the button...

NOTHING... Not a click, not a whine, not a grunt... Prime Time Lacrosse 3211RK with power stabilizers.

Checked fuse box, no lights on, nothing tripped or popped.

Called sales rep... On a sunday... Silly Steve...

Oh, our service department is closed today but let me look at the one we have here. Calls back, did you check all the fuses? Yes... Did you check the breakers? Yes... Oh, well I'll have to ask the service department TOMORROW... (frustration begins to set in)

I reverse all actions to see if it's an over-ride that the slides have to be in or something stupid like that... Nothing.

Complete cleaning of the camper. Put all of my toys away. By this time it's dark and dinner is cooking. Up early for work in the morning so no time to mess with it Monday. Hope the Rep has some good news.

Rep calls Monday afternoon and informs me that the stabilizers runs off of the battery direct. There could be a loose wire or in-line fuse that could have tripped. Worked fine at walk through a few weeks back. Rep states that stuff shakes loose the first few times you tow it. Great, thanks for the info... Pfft...

It's now Tuesday and raining like crazy... Not dealing with it today.

Are there any other gremlins I may have overlooked before I go grabbing wires off the battery or disconnecting in-line fuses???

You didn't say what your RV is. I had some that required e brake on. Some required engine on. Some off. Try some different scenarios. For instance my slides or awnings only work with ingition off. My last motorhome would only allow Jack's to work with e brake on.

You didn't say what your RV is.

Yeah, he did!!!: "Prime Time Lacrosse 3211RK with power stabilizers." , a trailer!!! No ignition, no e brake....

Now that it has stopped raining and I still have some daylight before going into work maybe I'll venture out and see if I can't find that gremlin.

The reps' claim of "Stuff shakes loose on the first few rides" is the understatement of the year...

The lock nuts were sooo loose that the wires were not making full contact at the little connection box. Pulled them off all the way, cleaned up a touch of corrosion on one of the posts, locked them back down, Tadaaaa. No longer paralyzed stabilizer legs!!!

In the next day or two... or the weekend when I have more than 5 minutes to diagnose and lay in a wet lawn... A trip to the local box hardware store for some good lock nuts and washers and some thing to keep the corrosion from spreading will be planned.

I have often made the statement that many RVers have a few screws loose. or in your case a few nuts (Same concept)

So you know. the specific screws I'm speaking of are in your power distribution panel, they hold the black, white and bare/green wires to the proper breakers and bus bars.. One of moine was so loose that it took over THREE FULL TURNS to tighten it down.

No wonder my air conditioners only worked when they wanted to.> Worked great after a re-tightening.

As John said, open the main breaker box and tighten EVERYTHING.  Around the battery, tighten everything.  Check cabinet doors and drawer glides and tighten everything.  You get the idea!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fth
Back
Top Bottom