Death Valley Rally Feb 2, 2011

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wendy said:
We have a Coca-Cola convention in Las Vegas starting Feb 10 and will be in DV until then. We may go back to DV after the Coke convention.

Wendy

We will be in DV, sans trailer, on Feb 1 thru 3.  This time we are staying at the Ranch At Furnace Creek and would like to look you folks up while we are there.  Where are you all intending to camp -- Furnace Creek RV park?

Carl, I believe we'll be at Sunset campground.  It will be good to see you again.

Yeah, Carl ! We'll be right across the road from you at Sunset.

Update:
We will be leaving Qtz on Sunday 1/30 and going to Terrible's in Pahrump for 2 nights (1/30 and 1/31). They said they have plenty of space but several have made reservations, 1-888-558-5253. Then into DV and Sunset Campground on 2/1.

Wendy

Ray and I have reservations at Terrible's.  We'll be in site 67.

Wendy,

Unfortunately, you can remove Linda and my name from your Death Valley list of attendees. I held out hope that I would be recovered enough to be able to make the trip, however, that has not happened. We were really looking forward to making the trip with the group. It looks like we will have to make the trip in a later year.

R

Bummer Richard. We will miss you and Linda. Just doesn't seem to work out right for you guys, does it? Well, next it will work.

Wendy

Here's who I have headed to Death Valley on Sunday.

Terry & Betty Brewer
Bernie & Marlene Dobrin
Ray & Liza Down
Jerry & Ardra Fitzgerald
Jim & Tarry Johnson
Mike & Wendy Lawrence
Don & Peg Miller
Ned & Lorna Reiter
plus Carl & Cindy Lundquist over at Furnace Creek Ranch for a couple of days.

Anyone joining in the fun? The weather is going to be PERFECT.

Wendy
Quartzsite AZ

ArdraF said:
So I guess you're saying we can't have our flowers and sunshine too!

ArdraF
Actually the best wildflower years occur when there is very heavy rain in November, then February is spectacular for wildflowers. So you must have them both, just not at the same time.

I am dying to go to the race track since I have been to DV many times and never seen it. If I do go to this rally I could meet up with brens and possibably Tom J for some photo tips. So I am a possible definite maybe at the moment to head out to DV instead of Tucson.

seilerbird said:
Actually the best wildflower years occur when there is very heavy rain in November, then February is spectacular for wildflowers. So you must have them both, just not at the same time.

I am dying to go to the race track since I have been to DV many times and never seen it. If I do go to this rally I could meet up with brens and possibably Tom J for some photo tips. So I am a possible definite maybe at the moment to head out to DV instead of Tucson.
Tom that would be great. I'm a working stiff so I could go only for the weekend of the 5th. I bought the camera and 3 new lens but need to now learn how to operate it!

brens said:
Tom that would be great. I'm a working stiff so I could go only for the weekend of the 5th. I bought the camera and 3 new lens but need to now learn how to operate it!
The Superbowl is on Sunday afternoon, but other than that you can have me for the whole weekend.

I'm not sure if we'll make it by the 5th. We have our 2nd Norcold recall appointment on Wednesday, and may leave here Thursday or Friday.

The closest campground to Scottys Castle is Mesquite Spring, about 4 miles from Scottys. Nice spot, very quiet. No hookups but does have a dump station, water, and restrooms.

Wendy

Tom said:
I'm not sure if we'll make it by the 5th. We have our 2nd Norcold recall appointment on Wednesday, and may leave here Thursday or Friday.
Tom - I have to stop in Vegas and take care of business then I will head to DV and probably be there by Thursday. I will probably stay at least 10 days to two weeks. Then after that I will be going back to Vegas and then down to Tucson. You'll find me eventually.

seilerbird said:
I am going to take Scotties room.

They used to rent out rooms in the Castle but not since the National Park Service purchased it. Sorry Tom :)

Wendy

Wendy said:
They used to rent out rooms in the Castle but not since the National Park Service purchased it. Sorry Tom :)

Wendy
I wasn't planning on actually telling them I would be spending the night there. Just hide under the bed until the place closes.

Thanks for the schedule Tom. I really could do with some pointers from an expert on my camera.

Tom said:
Thanks for the schedule Tom. I really could do with some pointers from an expert on my camera.
Happy to help. Which camera are you currently using?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Savysoaker
Back
Top Bottom