Decatur Ind??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I tell ya what.... it does suck but I am totally satisfied with what they did at the manufacturer on our RV.  We gave them 1-2 weeks to fix the stuff that Tom Raper couldn't fix in 7-8 months & they did everything properly.  The only thing they couldn't fix was the bad leather on the dinette which we knew wouldn't be done in that short of a timeframe.

We are VERY pleased with the work they did there & how we were treated.  I was all ready to swear I would never buy another fleetwood RV but after this experience I will consider them next time we buy. 

I do agree that it's frustrating all the stuff that can & does go wrong many times from the time it leaves the factory.  However with all the crap they cram into these there will be issues, just look at how frustrating building a new house is or buying a new car, more often then not there will be issues with both..... still sucks

I'm real glad to read all turned out well for you. With a bit of luck I'll be in the same position in a couple of weeks.

Having bought a number of damn expensive cars, I found that they were about trouble free. When there was a failure(usually from some overzealous driving) if the parts were not available at the dealer they would be over nighted. Not the mindnumbing exercise I experienced with a simple radio. Further a trip to the factory was not needed not effect repairs on a punch list.

This is only a studio appartment not a house. If it were with all this bs, I would have had the GC by the throat. lol

I'm truly of the belief that the QC is what intially failed miserably at Fleetwood. But it is what it is.

Would I buy another ?

Honestly, probably not. I'll be screwed once but not twice. I'll get this one as best Fleetwood can make it, then  if things continue to fail or fall off I'll be my own warranty station until I tire of it, then be rid of it and move on.

This experience really pisses me off, as it is the one thing amongst all the toy's we have bought that my wife truly enjoys.  To the point that she learned take it herself, set it up and do whatever with it. Now she doesn't feel that secure by herself with it. That does not make me smile.

In any event we will see what happens at Fleetwood  and how things go from there.

The Fleetwood Service Center starts work early, at 7 a.m. You have to be up and ready to have the coach moved into the shop by then. You can stay with the coach in the shop while they work if you like, but be up and ready to have it go in. They will bring it back out to your site around 3 pm, so you can stay overnight as well.

I suggest you check in at the office the day before if possible, but you still have to go to the service office by 7 a.m. to meet the tech who will move the coach and bring him to it. If not, be there wen they open the doors, which I think is 6:30 a.m.

You can stay in the RV park at the Service Center. 50A electric hook-up only, so have some water onboard and waste tanks empty.  If you need it, there is a water line and dump station in front of the Service Center office, which is at the opposite end of the building from the RV park.

We were last there is May, 2008. Somethings may have changed.

Fastcar,

I understand your resentment to Fleetwood. It is a amazing to me that service at the service center still seems to be as good as it was before Fleetwood declared bankruptcy. 2KViggen got the same level of service we received in our trips there several years ago.

I'm afraid if you ever decide to buy again from another manufacturer, you may very well run into the same situation with repairs. None of the manufacturers are perfect and, let's face it, you are driving a house down the road, not just a car. :) Things are bound to fail but it's the service in the end that really counts. I would say Tiffin probably has the best reputation for service out of all of them. I worked part time for a Tiffin dealership for several years. We always had things that needed to be repaired but, fortunately, most of the time we were able to do them fairly quickly. We did have some that took a lot more time for whatever reason.

I hope Fleetwood will be able to promptly fix all of your problems.

It isn't resentment, it is shock that Fleetwood does what it does. What I am amazed at is that a company or a industry continues to produce a product that is expected to fail repeatedly. Further that consumers figure that it is okay and continue to purchase the product and go through hoops to get it fixed. Then go out and do it all over again. I'll play this time but next time I'll want a new deck.

I've always been of the belief that a person or company does to you what you allow. Some, I guess are okay, with chronic problems. I'm not.

The position that it is a house going down the road is true to a point. But it isn't rocket science to put fitting's together without cross threading them or taking the blank out of a holding tank. If a company can't build a house that goes down the road without shoddy workmanship then perhaps they should get the heck out of the business. Then again the consumer will decide the companies length of stay.

Fleetwood starts at 0600 according to the email I received. I'm opting for a hotel and will wander around. They can call when they are finished.
Hopefully this visit will result in the problems being fixed in a satisfactory manner and we can begin to enjoy it to it's fullest.

I put the wife and the cat in a motel and stayed with the coach myself. You have to be there at 0-dark-30 the first day anyway. After that, you can sleep in in the motel.

We should be arriving in Decatur next Sunday early afternoon. Going to check into the hotel, unload stuff, then head over to Fleetwood to see what's up. I was lead to believe they were closed on Sunday except for the campground area, which I won't need. But it won't hurt to check things out

I understand that the tanks are supposed to be m/t on arrival. My tanks will have the contents of a overnight in route and that's about it. Hopefully that's acceptable as there are no issues with the black and gray tanks.

I can be there at whatever time they require on Monday per the appointment.

Fastcar,

The "campground" is where you leave your coach for service. That is where they will pick it up in the morning. It is a parking lot with power hookups.

Thanks Jim, I wasn't quite clear about that.

I suppose I can bring it to the hotel and park it Sunday night and drive there early Monday morning to meet whoever I have to talk to and drop it with them. I'm picking up a rental car later Monday so will have no need for the unit until all repairs are completed.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Savysoaker
Back
Top Bottom