Detailing New RV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kev12

We have a 2018 Freedom express 257bhs. Covered storage is not an option. Found a guy that details locally and he wants $600 for detail and wax. My main concern is UV protection, he won't actually use wax(think he said paint Sealant). Is that steep? Should I hold off since it's newer or should I go ahead for the UV protection? Thanks

NuFinish

https://www.amazon.com/Nu-Finish-Liquid-Car-Polish/dp/B000BPSW7C/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1498501234&sr=8-1&keywords=nufinish

Works great and costs $6.00 goes on easy and wipes off easy.  We leave our TT in the Sun in Yuma all summer.  Still looks good when we get back in the fall. 

Pay yourself $594.00

The guys that does my 30 ft. bumper to bumper C Class washes mine, including the roof and does hand was with Mequires for $300.  I used Nu-finsih and loved it but now I pay the youngsters to do the job and he uses Mequires.

I can possibly see the UV factor but just like covers and storing campers inside, many people on this site have convinced me that "they are made to be outside in the elements so leave them as they are"

To your question $600.00 sounds steep to me, unless they are applying a coating which is a whole world of difference than wax or sealant and certainly will have UV protection.  On all three of the RV's I have owned, the manufacturer has stated to use a good quality marine or RV wax.  In doing so they will have UV protection.  Sealant is better than wax in that it will last longer than wax and a coating will typically last 2 plus years.  I would find out specifically what kind of product the detailer uses.  If it is a wax or sealant the price is too high for a new rig.  We just purchased our new rig, although the manual stated a good quality marine or RV wax or sealant, I called the company to see what their tech people might recommend and the product recommended was Protect All. 

Sealant? For a new motorhome? Is he serious? As others have said, the $600 does not only "sound" high, but is about twice as much as a good detailed would normally charge. Find another one

I pay 350 for a wash and wax and that includes my roof and awning, windows, and the guys buffs and waxes with some special substance stuff on my cap because it fades terribly (keystone problem)

In short 600 is super high.

A $600 "detailing" or "protectant" package for a modest size trailer seems outrageous to me. $200 should cover it easily and still make a handsome profit for the guy.

All modern vehicle "waxes" contain little actual wax - they are all synthetic "surface protectants" and most all of them include as much UV protection as anything else you might apply.  Short of a high SPF suntan lotion, anyway. Any quality vehicle or marine wax" product will do fine.

If its new, how much "professional detailing" should it need?  So, how about this:  Go buy your favorite wax or whatever and hire a couple of high school or college kids and supervise them to do the waxing or whatever.  Easy to call the local jr college and have a job posted on their 'boards'/sites.

Back
Top Bottom