Diesel Pusher Gas Mileage

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That's where I'm not so sure...with DP's and large-profile motorhomes, I think wind resistance is as big a factor as driving style.
That's certainly true, but weight plays a big part in stop and go driving, little in level ground cruising on the highway with light or calm wind.

Cats are in a different league,, they snarl and screem a lot but the result is a scratch rather than a real bite and pull..>>>Dan:rolleyes::rolleyes:

36', nine-foot-wide, 13' tall, 33,000 lb Class A with the 5.9 rail injected, 300 hp Cummins/Allison 5: Recently saw a prolonged 10.0 to 10.3 on the ScanGauge while towing a Malibu at about 53 mpg, flat road, still wind -- but the average is usually 6.8 to 7.2. Have some evidence that tire pressure makes an observable difference.

Yes, but that also needs to be balance against handling. Overinflation can cause dangerous handling in some situations.
I don't overinflate. Know better. I am a little susceptible to running low, however, especially with the overnight 20 to 25-degree temperature drops down here. Not so much so since I installed a TPM.

Diesel Pusher Gas Mileage?​

Just for info the diesel pusher will use diesel and will get fuel mileage. They get zero gas mileage as the don't use gas, maybe in a generator.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MGD
Back
Top Bottom