Diesel Pusher to Travel Trailer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Marsha/CA

Moderator Emeritus
Well, after hours on the internet....hours at dealerships....hours looking at used Trailer sites, we settled on a new Heartland IDM 231 Mallard Travel trailer.  We will be using it to go back and forth to Wyoming, as well as, short jaunts for fly fishing and just plain old camping here in California, Wyoming and points along the way.

It has an open floor plan which may not appeal to many people; but having a  6'2" husband and Charlie, a 72lb standard poodle dog, it will work great for us.  We wanted a small trailer to fit into most State Parks and National Forest campgrounds.  I was amazed at the amount of storage inside and the limited amount under the front of the trailer.  The dang thing even has a central vac, (not on my list of must haves).  It also has a aluminum frame, which engineering husband wanted.

We pick it up next Thursday.  I can't believe we bought it at Camping World (shaking my head); but they are the exclusive dealer for that brand.  So far everything has gone as planned....but then we are not newbies at RVs either.  The salesman knew nothing, I worry about those who are buying their first RV.

Now I just have to remember how to back up a trailer...I hope it's like riding a bike, once I get behind the wheel it should come right back.  ::)

Marsha~

Given all the horses you've hauled (with their shifting weight), backing up the new TT should be a breeze, Marsha.  Congrats!  Happy Trails!

Congratulations Marsha. Time to find a storage facility in Thayne (?)

That's quite a jump, but when something fits the need that's what counts.  Hope you enjoy it for a long time.

ArdraF

Thanks everyone.

Tom, I'm not sure why you think we'll need a storage place in Thayne.  We'll be driving the trailer back and forth...fly fishing along the way!

Marsha~

Open floor plans are great when it just a couple.  Suck when you got kids.    Only doors you need is the camper entrance and the bathroon

Here's wishing you good luck on your new TT and hoping you never have to go back to CW for anything :)!

Back
Top Bottom