Diesel winter fuel mix / fuel additive

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
DITTO said:
At camp freight liner we had an owner who had an issue with fuel filters getting plugged repeatedly..seems he used an additive that among other things was a cleaner  too...cleaned so well it removed the coating from inside his tank...the cause of his problem...the bad news was he needed a new fuel tank...I am real cautious on additive that clean too!!..I called cummins for an antigel additive and was advised that fleetgard has a "fuel winterization " product recommend by Cummins..
Then don't run any bio diesel blends!!!  And what kind of coating was inside his tank???  I've never seen a coating in a diesel tank and have been driving diesels since 1970.  Not saying that they might be coating them today, but???.  I know mine isn't coated.  All diesel fuel additives are cleaners, just like diesel fuel itself is a cleaner.  And all diesel fuel additives have alcohol as a ingredent in them, but people will tell you never use a diesel fuel additive that has alcohol.  Well, there are lots of different types of alcohol and the variety that is used in fuel additives is okay to use in a diesel.  They are not going to put anything into a fuel additive that is going to hurt your fuel system, including the fuel tank, because they don't want to have to buy you a new one.

Back
Top Bottom