Digital OTA antenna used on new 2012 Winnebago?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
SCVJeff said:
It's nice to have toys... :)

Bill: Did any of that make sense? To most it looks like a lousy lawnmower blade...
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          Hi scvjeff,mainly went over the top of my head,tho i gather there is some gain by fitting the wingman,shall wait and see if the jack outperforms the batwing. cheers bill.

When I get a chance I'll stick little pointers to show the differences. But to those familiar with reading it, the difference between the 2 is 100%

I think where we lost out on the analog/digital switch mostly was in the fringe signal areas. An analog broadcast that was snowy but watchable, became unwatchable as a digital broadcast, even with the same transmitter power on the same frequency. We have an area station here in Upstate NY that broadcasts on VHF channel 6 for instance, that came in moderately well using the batwing on my motorhome in my yard before the changeover. After the change, they are still broadcasting on channel 6, and have even boosted their transmitter power somewhat, but the picture here was unwatchable due to severe pixilation until I added a secondary amplifier to the batwing amp. The other area stations are all on UHF channels now, and the Wingman add-on worked well for them, although the secondary amp has also made a couple of them more reliable in heavy rain, etc.

gwcowgill said:
Jeff,  Did you do any test when the signal was analog compared to Digital?  I honestly believe we lost on this deal as the FCC was selling off the freqs.
Yeah, well guess what.. ? Just as soon as the DTV cutover was complete, the FCC announced they want additional compaction and are expecting the broadcasters to just give up channels and too bad for you.... Needless to say our lawyers are laughing their butts off if the FCC thinks we're gonna roll over for this a second time.

Back
Top Bottom