digital thermostat

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
A tip to keep in mind about digital thermostats... Many of them, including Honeywell and I believe Hunter models, do not register temps below about 30 degrees F, and will not fire up the furnace. A Honeywell will just display "LO" instead of the ambient temp. Do not mistake it for a low battery signal. The quick fix for me was to simply unsnap the thermostat from its base and stick it under my shirt until the temp reading came up to about 50 degrees. After snapping it back in place, the furnace fired right up and brought the RV temp up high enough to sustain normal operation fairly quickly.

Interesting, Dutch. I did not know that; but I have an excuse..I live in Florida and have not been in cold weather with the RV.

The temp issue has only caught me once so far, but I was aware of it, so no harm done, just a cold belly while waiting for it to heat up. We're temporarily stuck at our cottage in upstate NY waiting on medical clearance for my wife before heading south. Hopefully, it won't occur again. I drained the coach tanks and blew out the lines while we're waiting so I wouldn't need to keep the coach heated, but the other day I wanted to fire up the furnace for a few hours while I worked on a couple of minor maintenance issues before we take off again.

That is always a good thing to know.I sometimes run out of propane while I am at work and it has got down to about 32 before I got home. I have taken to leaving an electric heater turned on but set real low, hoping if the propane runs out it will keep the TT above freezing. I know that is not the best idea but I have to try something. Cathy

The heater sounds like a good idea when it's that cold, Cathy. As long as you're aware of what the "LO" display really means though, it's an easy "fix" if it occurs.

Carson thanks for the info an how the batteries work. Is there a web site where you can find such things? Cathy

Yes, Cathy.  I found the quote in the following way....  First I googled " current draw hunter thermostat "

Many entries there: I picked one that seemed to be relevant. It was from Wikipedia and the quote is within the article shown on this link >>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Programmable_thermostat

I did not peruse the other links.

whats the advantage of being able to only program it for 7 days,  do you have to remember to reprogram the thing every 7 days or what,  or can it stay there all season?

The program repeats at the end of the 7 days. There are also similar 5-2 and 5-1-1 day programmables that let you set different times/temps for weekday and weekends if desired. I seem to recall a daily programmable as well, that allows a different setting for each day of the week, but that may have been a much more expensive touch screen model.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gregcss43
Back
Top Bottom