Digital TV converter time coming up...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I keep hearing how all the digital stations will be using VHF when the big switch happens

I also read how the folks who purchases that spectrum from the FCC are upset that the change date was pushed back.

Now.. One set of those stories is clearly wrong

Lou Schneider said:
The problem with using a combiner on the downstream side of the converter box is the Channel 3 (or 4) signal from the box will combine with the signals you're getting from the antenna, interfering with over the air analog or cable reception on those and possibly other channels.   
I'm a little late to the thread here, but when the DTV cutover finally takes place there won't be anything on 3 or 4 anyway, so the modulators of the world might finally work (better).

I use a switch when I need to do that kind of thing.

I have a JPG on how to hook up a converter w/o analog pass through (We still have other analog sources in an RV, such as the VCR or DVD player)

Existing ant-lead to TV to a splitter, one side of splitter goes to teh "A" side of a switch, other to the converter, conver goes to the "B" (as in Binary) side of the switch, common lead on switch goes to Television.    That is the best way if you don't have analog pass through

If you do have analog pass through,,  Rest of rig------converter-------Televisions

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anewvisionllc
Back
Top Bottom