Dirty Carefree Awning

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

82corvette

We have been cleaning and repairing our Jayco Eagle TT just about every night since we bought it. The awning has me beat, it has dirt stripe every few inches the whole length of the awning on the under side. I washed it with Awesome twice, Simple Green once, Murphys Oil Soap, and a mixture of Dawn dishwashing liquid & bleach. Each time I rolled the awning up and let it set a half hour and still have stripes. I have scrubbed it with a brush using Awesome twice also. Has anyone ever used Westleys Bleach White tire cleaner? I dont want to ruin the awning because it is in great shape and I don't want to dull the fiberglass. Anybody know of a great cleaner?

We used a tub cleaner too, with a chlorine base.  It worked great, and seems to have enough residue to keep the awning clean.  I didn't roll it up, I just got dressed in old clothes & hat, used a ladder and scrub brush, and out-out damn spot.  Sprayed tough stains several times, and used the hose to rinse well.

Ed

This is a lot of work but I have seen and hear people using the magic eraser on it.  So you would need a ladder and a few beers I would imagine.  Ours gets dirty and somehow we roll up bugs and those are really difficult to get off.  I used the awning cleaner, soaked it as much as I could and rolled it up for a few hours...then open back up and rinse but I also use a soft brush, it helps but it ain't new by any means.

If you find something that works for you, please share, next time out for us, I will be doing the magic eraser myself.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fth
Back
Top Bottom