disclosurer that you are living full time in an RV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Tiffin for one advertises on their home page that the "Allegro Bus is "Favored by owners who live full time on the road".

That's not quite the same as "Tiffin recommends fulltime use". But I don't think Tiffin automatically voids the warranty for frequent or fulltime use. Or, at least they don't ask how much you use it.

The much-advertised Tiffin 5-Star warranty is NOT offered on all Tiffin coaches, only the upscale models. A Wayfarer, for example, gets pretty much industry standard 12/12 plus the Mercedes chassis 5 year warranty.

True, but Tiffin is well aware that a great many new coaches are purchased for full time use, and have no reservations in recommending them as such. None of my other SOB RV's have made such a statement.  Motorized or towable.

When I have heard that question from an RV salesman it never occurred to me that he was concerned about the manufacturer's recommendation or warranty since I was shopping for a used rig.  It seems he was primarily interested to know how much I could afford and how much time I would spend living in this versus driving this.  No doubt a DP has more features than most gassers, so perhaps he would have pressed me more persuasively to look at a DP if he know I was planning to be a full-timer. My concerns for the cost of diesel repairs would then have been outweighed by having a rig already equipped with a washer/dryer and central vac.

SargeW said:
True, but Tiffin is well aware that a great many new coaches are purchased for full time use, and have no reservations in recommending them as such. None of my other SOB RV's have made such a statement.  Motorized or towable.

Of course Tiffen is aware of how many of their coaches are used. They're just being careful not run afoul of the HUD regulations on "permanent housing". Most likely their lawyers are vetting those statements to not cross the line.

To make a good rv salesman, take a  poor car salesman and beat all his brains out.

The original poster (Laurie/Mysteryriders) has deleted their account. Hopefully, we didn't drive them away  ???

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wanda56
Back
Top Bottom