DISH - Wally + Tailgater

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chucksands77

Just purchased a DISH Tailgator with the Wally receiver for our Winnebago 37F, The Winne comes with a Matrix 4x4 HDMI hub that I am trying to utilize with the Wally/Tailgator for all 3 TV's with this rig. No luck so far.....have everything hooker up but the main TV in the main lounge area (Samsung) does not recognize the DISH signal and we have had the TV search for the DISH system many ways. Anyone know if DISH has their system set up so one can use the 4x4 HDMI hub for all the TV's under a single Wally receiver?

Do you have the tailgater hooked to the outside satellite coax connection.
- Inside the overhead bin in front of the drivers seat on the right hand wall is where you hook up the Wally coax.
- From the HDMI OUT from the Wally to HDMI input on the matrix
- Then on the matrix select the appropriate input for each set.
Edit: there are 2 coax connections up in the overhead. One is for a rooftop dish and the second is for the portable Tailgater. Make sure you're connect to the portable connector.

Last edited:
Thanks ChasA, I am hooked up to the outside and inside coax's correctly but not so sure about the HDMI from the Wally into the Matrix 4x4. ?? I hope DISH dosen't expect us to run the HDMI from the Wally direct to the TV, otherwise that would negate the use of the Matrix 4x4. I also wonder is the Samsung flat-screen can find the signal from Wally. I talked to 3-4 DISH Tech's techs on the phone from the Phillepines to Bolder, CO and they are not familiar with RV set-ups even though the Tailgater/Wally is what they promote for us RV'ers. Ugh

Well try it on your Samsung. Plug the HDMI cable from the Wally into an HDMI port on the tv and select that port on the tv and see what happens. You are switching inputs on your tvs right??

I hope DISH dosen't expect us to run the HDMI from the Wally direct to the TV, otherwise that would negate the use of the Matrix 4x4.
DISH has no idea what sort of wiring you have in your particular RV, but YES they do expect that your set-up will deliver a clear and full signal from the Tailgator to the Wally and from there to the TV. Whether the Matrix switch can do that is yours to figure out. Some (many?) pieces of switching gear, splitters, etc. only pass signal frequencies in a very strict band.

I would temporarily run the coax direct from Tailgator to Wally and then direct to one of the TVs to verify my basic equipment. Then start substituting portions of the RV internal wiring for the known good cabling and see where the signal gets lost.

Thanks ChasA & Gary....gonna get back on it asap. I did not see a TV switch for the correct HDMI port so will try that first......then will hook to TV directly and verify the Wally is broadcasting a signal. Process of illimination I assume. I did not get a tri-pod to set the Tailgater on and I read somewhere that if the Tailgater dish is not perfectly level, they won't pick up the satellites..??

The input port on tvs is set from the tv remote. Look for "source" or "input" on the remote.. select the HDMI port connected to the matrix.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gregcss43
Back
Top Bottom