Do you have a pet dislike ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My pet dislike in forum messages is those that are written in all CAPS!!.  Make's it darn hard for these old eyes to read.

Liz

I have a few, like waiting to talk to a human in the phone if one can even find a line to a human, people who luv to play loud stereos so that all can hear their music whether we want to or not, people who dont move to the right lane in a two lane passing only lane situation, people who text message while trying to drive.

Looks like the biggest problem is PEOPLE, doing things that other people don't like. Well, I'm on board.

Here is my list:

I despise it when people interrupt your speech before you can get a sentence out. After that they filibuster so that you can't get a word in edgewise.  How rude!

I don't like it when people get a question... no answer... and then they switch the subject matter. (My brother-in-law).

When people use a thousand words when it can be said in ten.

When people answer posts on this forum, for the sake of answering, and contribute nothing to the conversation.

When people echo the same answer that was given x-times before.

It can be said, that I shouldn't have vented like this: some people might not like it.  :)

Oh well, people will be people and nobody is perfect.

Just remember the old adage: " Change a person against his will, of the same opinion he will be still".

Amateur Philosopher-- carson FL.  92.3F

When people answer posts on this forum, for the sake of answering, and contribute nothing to the conversation.
When people echo the same answer that was given x-times before.

OK, I'll stop doing that  :(

LOL Tom, you are the last one on my list. I was talking about answers no older than 10 minutes before ;D

I've got to stop venting...:)

carson FL

Carson, I think you had the most comprehensive list so far and I agree with every one of your statements.

That is not the same as echoing your post is it ??? ;) :D

:) No Lou, that's not an echo... thats an affirmative answer. The next on who says the same thing as you did might be called an "Echoer".  (Is that a word?)  ::)

carson FL

What he said.

OK, just kidding, sure there are some repeats, but I am pretty easy going. 

However, lose vs. loose.  I am amazed at the number of times these are interchanges incorrectly,  eg I hope I don't loose my keys.  Well you might lose them if they are loose, but you won't loose them.

Cats.

Parrots as constant companions.  had some customers a little while back that would walk around with the dang birds hanging on their clothes.  Freaky.

Thought the circus came back early.

Bill,

I used to have an African Gray.  I cruised with her for many years on my sailboat.  I suppose I'm one of those people who loves parrots.  My parrot, Toots (as in "Hey Toots"-Curly of the Three Stooges favorite line), had a vocabulary of over 600 words by the time she was 5.  She had a larger vocabulary than some people I've known.  Gray's are incredibly smart creatures, and Toots did not just "parrot" what you said, she could use sentences appropriately.  For instance, i was working on a guitar at the salon table in my boat and Toots was watching with great curiosity.  She finally asked "What 'cha doin?"  And she never, ever, ended a sentence with a preposition like some folks I know of.

With my tongue planted firmly in my cheek...

Steve
PS:  My ex has custody of Toots now.  And you know, I miss her too...not the ex...Toots.

Pancakebill,  now you've got my attention.

Not only lose for loose, but here are a few more "finger nails down the chalkboard for you" that we see on these forums;

"are"  for "our"
"there" for "their"
"there" for "they're"
"here" for "hear"
"no" for "know"

And the occasional "Miss Spelling" :D ;)

Dealership business managers -- or whatever their title happens to be -- trying to sell me on a wonderful coating treatment for the paint and that great extended warranty for all of the appliances and the fantastic roadside service plan and the insurance plan that especially for RVs, when all I'm there for is to sign the loan paperwork and pick up my vehicle.

I was ready yesterday, though.  I told Karen before we got there that we were not going to do any of that -- that we were not going to add anything else to the cost of the camper. 

I even said when we went into his office, "Now for the part I really don't like." He kind of blew it off with something like he was a really laid back guy and this wouldn't take long at all.  Then he started going over the offers for all the add-ons and Karen was being nice and polite while I'm sitting there with my arms crossed and waiting til he's done.  I told him, "We don't want any of it.  I know it's a gamble, but we're willing to bet that we'll be better off not buying any of your extras."

I could tell he didn't like it.  :mad:

Karen thought he acted like his feelings were hurt.    :'(

He didn't even offer to shake hands as we were leaving.  :-\

Considering how much I dislike someone trying to sell me something I don't want when I'm a captive audience, it felt good to hold the line at the decision we had made before we got there.  ;D

Then used instead of than.

Greater then  ???  Further then  ???

We'd have been rapped over the knuckles and whacked on the butt with a 1x6 if we did that in grammar school.

OTOH I gave up worrying about (mis-)spelling when I first worked for a US company in 1970, but not before threatening to mail an OED to my CA-based colleagues  ;D

Typos are one thing (and I'm the biggest offender), but repeated use of the same incorrect word isn't a repeated typo. Yer needs to writ propurly.

Ron,

Only that kanji keyboard of yours could make repeated errors  ;D

I was happily reading this thread thinking that I can't really come up with anything to be that peeved about.  Then I read Tom's thread "A Crime of the Times" and it reminded me of something that does irk me a bit.

Cell phones seem to have forced us to toss our etiquette into the trash.  I have been standing at the men's room urinals a number of times only to have someone in a neighboring urinal take out their phone and make a call! Maybe I'm in the minority here, but I'd rather you finished up in the bathroom before calling me.  I always make sure to flush before the caller gets away hoping the person on the other end of the line will make a comment.

I teach at a university and twice I've heard the caller's conversation go something like this:

"Hey, what's up?" <pause> "Oh nothing much.  I'm just in class."

This is when I flush even if I'm not finished.  What I'm wondering is why he was willing to admit he was calling from class?  Is it okay to call while you're sitting class?

Oh well, that's my pet peeve...for now anyway.  I'm sure something will irk me again in the near future.

-Dave

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MN Steve
Back
Top Bottom