Docking Lights

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

etmich

I need to change the bulb in my docking lights on a 2010 Itasca Meridian 40L. Any suggestions on how to do this?

Welcome to the forum.

I'm not familiar with your motorhome, and mine doesn't have docking lights.

Maybe a picture of the fixture will help? If there is not front access to the lense cover (visible screws), then perhaps it needs to be accessed from underneath the bumper or fender.

Many times docking lights are just pressed into a rubber gasket and will easely pry out to replace the bulb in the backside of it..>>>Dan

On my 2005 Vectra you need to hinge up the fender skirt containing them to access them from the backside. The skirt is hinged like the compartment doors at the top and secured at the bottom (front and back) by a few screws. When hinged up it needs to be supported by a broomstick or something.

On my 2005 Vectra you need to hinge up the fender skirt containing them to access them from the backside. The skirt is hinged like the compartment doors at the top and secured at the bottom (front and back) by a few screws. When hinged up it needs to be supported by a broomstick or something.
Mine are mounted to a basement door on each side, otherwise just like you said. The entire metal box is removed from the door, then the halogen bulb may be replaced. I tried LED replacements, not near bright enough to be useful.
I did the same with the rear docking lights under the wing on my rear cap, they too were way too dim with LED bulbs, had to go back to the original halogen headlamp bulbs.

Back
Top Bottom