Does anyone get loud at RV parks?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Most Rver's are not fighters. We all enjoy the lifestyle and don't want to have it ruined by fights. You may run into someone someday but it will be infrequent. In 13 years of fulltiming we have yet to witness a fight at a campground.

Loud TV might be a problem but it most likely is due to hard hearing than inconsideration. Many campgrounds do have a noise ordinance that may or may not be enforced. Most people are very considerate of their neighbors and try to keep the noise at a minimum.

Well no.  We go to bed early and the loudest noise you may hear is our generators in a boon dock situation.
Betty

Thanks, I didn't think there would be much noise but liveing on top of each other it could be hard to get along.

I'm sure there are rules on times to go to bed. Is there like a walking around rule? Like you can't walk the dog after 11:00?

Jim Dick said:
Most Rver's are not fighters. We all enjoy the lifestyle and don't want to have it ruined by fights. You may run into someone someday but it will be infrequent. In 13 years of fulltiming we have yet to witness a fight at a campground.

Loud TV might be a problem but it most likely is due to hard hearing than inconsideration. Many campgrounds do have a noise ordinance that may or may not be enforced. Most people are very considerate of their neighbors and try to keep the noise at a minimum.

civil war hunter said:
Thanks, I didn't think there would be much noise but liveing on top of each other it could be hard to get along.

The only problem that I have run into is the guy with a diesel that idles his engine in the early hours.

I'm sure there are rules on times to go to bed. Is there like a walking around rule? Like you can't walk the dog after 11:00?

No.  RV campgrounds are not college dormitories.  Walk your dog, when the dog needs walking -- just keep it leashed and picked up after.

There are no written rules about when to go to bed. You can stay up all night as long as you don't bother your neighbors. The RV world is different than anything else. Most folks are very friendly and get along very well. Common courtesy is the rule and most obey it without hesitation. Some campgrounds do have a rule about noise after a certain hour but, again, that is really common courtesy.

Ditto on Carls answer.

A couple of weeks ago, down in Florida, a 45 footer pulled in next to us in the afternoon. next morning he cranked up the diesel about 6:30 am and finally pulled out about 8:00. Diesel idled all that time, occasionally high idle.

All other campers talked about him the rest of the day.

While most people are considerate most of the time, it is my experience that noise is occasionally a problem particularly if you are sleeping with windows open or in a tent.

The main problem is not televisions but late arrivals and early departures.  We had some people show up next to us in a vintage Airstream at 10:00 at night a couple years ago.  It became obvious that they were new to RVing and had purchased this unrestored older trailer earlier the same day.  They were struggling with basic things like the electric hookup and kept us awake with their fussing around until midnight.

I often leave campgrounds early on Sunday mornings due to church commitments and make every effort to be quiet, but I realize that I probably wake people up some of the time. 

I notice in your signature line that you are 14 and play the drums. 

I  think you are incredibly fortunate to anticipate seeing the USA at your age.  Are you planning to take your drums with you?  That type of noise might be a problem in campgrounds.  My son is/was a drummer and even patient parents can have a low threshold of noise tolerance with drumming.  Would you anticipate playing inside or outside the fifth wheel?   

Margi

I was planning on taking and or leaving it at my grandparents. I was going to get a electric drum set.

Tom and Margi said:
I notice in your signature line that you are 14 and play the drums. 

I  think you are incredibly fortunate to anticipate seeing the USA at your age.  Are you planning to take your drums with you?  That type of noise might be a problem in campgrounds.  My son is/was a drummer and even patient parents can have a low threshold of noise tolerance with drumming.  Would you anticipate playing inside or outside the fifth wheel?   

Margi

I have a fan while i sleep. Can hear a thing, maybe that is what ill do.

Jammer said:
While most people are considerate most of the time, it is my experience that noise is occasionally a problem particularly if you are sleeping with windows open or in a tent.

The main problem is not televisions but late arrivals and early departures.  We had some people show up next to us in a vintage Airstream at 10:00 at night a couple years ago.  It became obvious that they were new to RVing and had purchased this unrestored older trailer earlier the same day.  They were struggling with basic things like the electric hookup and kept us awake with their fussing around until midnight.

I often leave campgrounds early on Sunday mornings due to church commitments and make every effort to be quiet, but I realize that I probably wake people up some of the time.

Hmm.. Only fights i hear are from the trailer park over the hill..

Dave Stringham said:
I have seen a fight or two, but each time I was in a campground, not an rv park the the unruly ones always seem to be tent camping

civil war hunter said:
I was planning on taking and or leaving it at my grandparents. I was going to get a electric drum set.

I remember my son had a practice pad to use when it was inconvenient to use his full set.  I'm not familiar with an electric drum set.  Is that like an electric keyboard that can be played with earphones?  That would be an ideal way to practice in a campground.

What (or where) are you most eager to see when your trip begins, Daniel?  I hope you will stay in touch with this forum.  It would be interesting to read the travel log of a young person vs. our usual retired adventures.

Margi

http://www.electronicdrumsets.net/

I don't know, my mother wants to go to Alaska. I want to fallow the beach from Virginia down to Florida cross to New Mexico up to Washinton cross over to Main then back to Virginia.

Tom and Margi said:
I remember my son had a practice pad to use when it was inconvenient to use his full set.  I'm not familiar with an electric drum set.  Is that like an electric keyboard that can be played with earphones?  That would be an ideal way to practice in a campground.

What (or where) are you most eager to see when your trip begins, Daniel?  I hope you will stay in touch with this forum.  It would be interesting to read the travel log of a young person vs. our usual retired adventures.

Margi

I think it's been said, Respect your neighbors. You are thereto enjoy the outdoors and yourself. During the day if we are outside we might have a radio on outside, but we always check to make sure you can't hear it away from the MH. As well as the (kids being kids) play, yell, and have a good time at the play ground. Calm down when you come back to the MH.

I for myself go camping to get away from work and the life from the city.

Enjoy the outdoor life and at 14 just think how lucky you are to enjoy all the places life is gong to take you.

civil war hunter said:
http://www.electronicdrumsets.net/

I don't know, my mother wants to go to Alaska. I want to fallow the beach from Virginia down to Florida cross to New Mexico up to Washinton cross over to Main then back to Virginia.

Thanks for the drum link.  I think the practice pad was much less pricey.  ;)  Both your Mom's proposed itinerary and yours sound interesting.  Keep us posted on your eventual travels.

Margi

Daniel,

I, too, was a drummer. I know how it can affect the family. ;D As Margi suggested, a practice pad will help with some of your practice but not all. Maybe the electronic drums can be turned down so as to not disturb your neighbors. Obviously, a full set of drums will not fly in an RV.

Do not let the RV experience deter you from your drumming but, also, do not let the drumming passion deter you from experiencing one of life's greatest experiences!!!

Back
Top Bottom