Does anyone get loud at RV parks?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I already have a drum pad. Those Electronic drum sets have different drum sounds.

Tom and Margi said:
Thanks for the drum link.  I think the practice pad was much less pricey.  ;)  Both your Mom's proposed itinerary and yours sound interesting.  Keep us posted on your eventual travels.

Margi

I have gotten into some fights:

with my sewer lines, the fresh water hose, the electric pedestal, the awning, soft ground with jacks, the TV antenna and water filters. The fights have lasted anywhere between a few seconds to several minutes.

Some were clean fights, some dirty. Most of the time though, the dirty fights happened because they threw their punches when I turned around and wasn't looking. I never started the fights but almost always finished them. Only once did verbal abuse become part of the fight. I won that one too but I didn't wake up the neighbors.

Extremely loud diesel pickups are just plain rude.  I understand performance enhancement and the need to maximize fuel economy and power, but most seem to be just for a "look at me" effect.  :mad:

On the other hand, I have not always driven the, ahem......most socialy acceptable noise level vehicles, so maybe it is "karma payback".  ::) Great cars in the 1960s.

Now, as an old fart, I am irritated when they wake me up at 5:30 AM. 

Care for your neighbors is key, of course.  I try to be considerate, and appreciate my neighbors that are.

Jack,

Loud diesel pickups certainly can be annoying. There was a guy a few sites down from us that would start his diesel pickup every morning and let it idle for about a 1/2 hour. Never drove it anywhere until much later. Thankfully he sold his lot!!

I've heard a few stories of loudness and other bad behavior at Michigan state parks near the city on holiday weekends.

I will not stay in that kind of park that allows rowdy or loud behavior.  I am out there to relax and enjoy myself and do not want to disturb anyone or want anyone disturbing me.

Loudest place we ever stayed was the Darien Lake campground (not the state park) in western NY.  It's part of the theme park so yes, we knew it would be louder in general, but we chose the "family area" to try and reduce the potential noise as much as possible. Only trouble was that the family area seemed to be the mid-point between the two "party areas" so there was constant traffic back and forth...all...night...long!

Back
Top Bottom