Does Anyone Know of Any New Carpet Installation Facilities?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cflesq

I have a 21 ft. Chinook Concourse and wish to replace the carpeting.  Does anybody know of a repair/carpeting/interior design facility that has replaced carpeting in MHs and is known to do an excellent job.  I live in CA in the Bay Area but am willing to drive to OR, WA, OR NV for the work.

I would think any flooring company with a decent reputation could handle an RV.  Member Ernie Elkberg can probably advise offline, he has a business in that exact industry.

We had Countryside Interiors in Junction City,  Oregon (near Eugene)  replace our carpet.  They did an excellent job.  We were able to stay in rig with electrical hook up while they completed the task.  They  have a web site too.

http://www.countrysidervinteriors.com/

scottydl said:
I would think any flooring company with a decent reputation could handle an RV. 

Actually we had several flooring /carpet places turn down  our requested job, us as the spaces are so tight and the installs intricate.  They felt they could not  make a profit with the labor it would take.  That is why we chose a  place who specializes in RV remodels.

There is a place in San Bernardino, CA called VIP that does all RV restoration jobs.  The website is http://www.rvstripes.com/

I have seen their work first hand and they do some really nice interior work.  RVs especially with slides can be complicated from what I have heard.

Jeff

Good points from Betty and jeff.  It does seem reasonable that some RV's may be complex enough that certain shops would not want the job.  I plan on replacing the carpet in my MH eventually, and may try it myself.  I already have the pad and just need a good remnant.  That said, I don't have any slides and it's just the front half so it should be pretty simple.  Doghouse cover will be the hardest part.

A little over a year ago, I put wood flooring in a Chinook. This was the off road type and the owner wanted no carpet as he is a geologist. I put flooring in his Class A a few months prior. Granted- the mindset of most installers is calculated by the square foot or square yard for their pay. I chose to go by a daily fee, which, I believe is very fair and from what I have been told by some folks who have had quotes by the fancy dealers said I was cheap.
The young guys mostly have families. I'm over 60, so I can slow down a bit and give you a great installation. BUT- I'm concentrating east of the Rockies, this year.
At our home in Texas, we have lots of hookups, a carpeted garage to put your stuff and you can "camp" in your coach while I operate on it.
Hope this insight helps, Ernie- currently in Hogansville, Ga doing a very extreme makeover

cflesq said:
I have a 21 ft. Chinook Concourse and wish to replace the carpeting.  Does anybody know of a repair/carpeting/interior design facility that has replaced carpeting in MHs and is known to do an excellent job.  I live in CA in the Bay Area but am willing to drive to OR, WA, OR NV for the work.

My name is Grant Petruzzelli, and I am Vice President of ROUTE 66 RV.  I have been an Industry Representative on this Forum for about a year and a half.

We at ROUTE 66 RV have specialized in RV carpet and flooring replacement since 1976.  Formerly known as Pat's RV Carpet and Flooring prior to 2009, we changed our name to reflect all the other offerings we have, from Flexsteel and Villa furniture to over 18,000 parts and accessories. 

What makes us different and unique though is that we are also a full service, carpet and flooring company as well. 

Our selection is unmatched, offering carpet and flooring options specifically catered to RVs.  From ClearTouch and Smartstrand (practically Stain Proof fiber-- not just stain resistant) to low profile, extremely durable Luxury Vinyl products, we have you covered.  If you are in need of something more ornate or custom, we carry every major flooring brand available, from Karastan to Kane, Fabrica to Masland, Shaw to Mohawk, we have them all, ready for you to find the perfect color and style for your needs.

Our installers are carpet and flooring installers (not all-in-one repair men), who work on these coaches regularly, and thus, know the intricacy of RVs.  From custom cuts to outside the box thinking, we are ready for the challenge that any RV poses.  Our installers employ carpet and flooring installation methods that are consistent with warranty requirements, and quality standards put forth in the flooring industry, and to put it mildly, far exceed the standards put forth by the RV manufacturers.

We are located in Buena Park, California, about 5 minutes from Disneyland and Knott's Berry Farm respectively.  Installation is typically 2-5 days, depending on what you are looking to do in your coach (carpet replacement with carpet, or tear out and replacement with a hard surface option), and costs can be estimated on the spot, in advance.

From a price standpoint, you know your costs going in.  From the amount of material we need to do your job to the labor costs involved, we will estimate everything on the day of your arrival - providing you with all you need to make an informed decision.

I hope I have provided you with a brief glimpse at who we are and hopefully you have another option in your pursuit of a new look in your RV.

Get to know who we are and what makes us different, by checking out our website at RTE66RV.com, and for some ideas, see our Gallery at http://www.getyourkicksrv.com/photo_gallery/before_after/before_after.html.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big Dog
Back
Top Bottom