Does anyone own a newer Allegro 34 TGA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TooPoor

I am thinking of buying a 2012 Tiffin Allegro 34 TGA with a Ford V-10. I would really like to hear from someone who owns a 2010 or 2011. Just concerned if it would be too underpowered. Plan to tow a 2009 Saturn Vue about 3800#. The one I looked has every option for around $103k. Will be living in it 6 months a year so need the interior space. Sure I would like a DP just can't afford one.

The Ford V10 is 362 hp, plenty for a rig that size. My 40 footer that weighs half again as much as the 34 TGA has a 370 hp engine.  The gas engine in the Allegro series needs to run at much higher RPMs than my diesel to get the rated horsepower, but horsepower is horsepower once it gets there.

If I was concerned about power it would be "foot pounds of torque" more than horsepower. There are many things you can do to boost the horsepower. We just sold our safari with the ford V-10 and we increased the exhaust to three inch from engine to tailpipe and we towed the 2008 Saturn Vue and never ever had a power issue. the mileage was in the area of 9.5 mpg driving at 65.
We just bought the new Allegro RED and love it. I am sure you will be totally happy with the Allegro Gas.

Hi

After my research I noticed that the MH will depreciate like a rock in the first 5 years of ownership.  Just curious why you don't pick one up a few years old and save a few beans.  Not trying to sway your purchase at all.  Its really nice to be the first owner.  Just wondering what factors swayed you to buy new.  I will be upgrading in a few years and would like to hear your thoughts. 

thanks

Willie

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allen v
Back
Top Bottom