Does SafeTplus really help?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sluggermike

According to the ad in the latest CW flier, the SafeTplus helps keep the RV on the  "straight and narrow"  with less driving fatigue.  I believe my steering gear is normal, and the tires were recently balanced,  but after driving six plus hours in Southern California, I am pretty exhausted.  Does it help, and is it worth the money?

Hi
Just bought a 2000 Flair with the safety-plus opiton already added on it.  It drives great and
I hear it is more controlable if you have a tire blow out.  Also when a truck passes me I get very
little buffeting (I'm sure there's a better term for that).  The "tire blow out control" interest me
the most. The above may not help front end problems that need attended to.  Good luck.
Fred from Pasco, Wa.

Safety-plus makes life alot better. On the long trips it really helps, by far the best investment I've seen in a long time!

I'd recommend adding a track bar (panhard rod) before the Safe-T-Plus, Steer-safe or similar. Much more positive effect, in my opinion, and it goes to the source of the problem rather than covering up the symptoms. Cost is about the same and simple enough to install yourself.

There is an article in the library called Motorhome Handling Primer. Recommended reading if you feel you your coach has poor road manners.
http://www.rvforum.net/joomla/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=424:mh-handling&catid=24:tech-topics&Itemid=68

We installed ours at the beginning of this season prior to a 3000 mile trip and are very pleased. It was/is worth the money in our application and would do it again. This installation was after other mods over the past two years; wheel alignment, shocks, trac and sway bars which all assisted with the handling. The STP further improved on what the other mods did plus helped alleviate what the other mods didn't/couldn't; an unresponsive 3 inch dead space in the steering.

Safe T plus made all the difference in the world. Without it, our MH handled very much like a scud missile,,, you just never knew where it was going to go. An alignment helped a little but nothing compared to the Safe T Plus. It made driving the MH enjoyable, and as mentioned above, it eliminated the dead space in the steering. Well worth it.
Jim

Basically the Safe-T-Plus just makes the steering wheel stiffer and harder to turn. It does not eliminate any slop or correct any fundamental problem with the steering or suspension. But if it works for you, who cares about the tech details.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jasondenman
Back
Top Bottom