Does your towables have ST tires

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JohnBoyToo

Something I'm just learning and some info you may want to know:

Interesting information about ST tires in my attachment.... note the speed rating -
not that you should ever go faster than that with an rv, but margin of safety considerations should slow you done especially in the summer heat...

here's the full table about all @ goodyear: http://www.goodyearrvtires.com/pdfs/rv_inflation.pdf

Even discount tire has some info:
http://www.discounttire.com/dtcs/infoTrailerTireFacts.dos

Attachments

• st tires.GIF
    st tires.GIF
    65.2 KB · Views: 22
It's wonderful in Idaho... Because its illegal to tow any trailer faster than 65 MPH regardless of the speed limit of the highway...  ;D

Being I live in the mountain where its twisty and up/down grades most times you can't even make 55 MPH which is fine with me just more time to enjoy the trip.

But you right most people get ST tires and the jump on the interstate towing 75-85 MPH and have blow outs blaming the cheap Chinese tires for all the damage when actually it the owners fault for not operating the tire with its design speed and loads. Like myself I've got four TowMax tires (LR D's) on my Jayco Eagle no problems with the tire at all I will NOT tow any faster than 55-60 MPH period. Every time I've check the tire temp with my hand when I stop the tires are cool to the touch and so are the bearing hubs.  8)

Mopar1973Man said:
But you right most people get ST tires and the jump on the interstate towing 75-85 MPH and have blow outs blaming the cheap Chinese tires for all the damage when actually it the owners fault for not operating the tire with its design speed and loads.

Had a 5th wheel blow a tire doing just that - about 75-80 MPH - right next to me. That woke me up, let me tell ya. Had to pull over and check my undies after that little incident.

I run STs because of the more flexible sidewall.  When I see my trailer tires scrubbing on a sharp turn, I realize how important that is.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gregcss43
Back
Top Bottom