Domestic Awning rolls up off-skewed..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

_Rusty_

Any recommendations for this? When I retract my (manual) Awning it appears to have shifted slightly forward. This results in the channels not aligning properly and a bit of force is needed to snap the latches shut. If I apply sideways pressure to the arm while rolling it up, it improves somewhat but not perfect. Any suggestions?

You're going to have to slide the fabric one way at the track where it makes up to the rv near the roof. They'll be a small screw at least on one end which you'll need to remove in order to slide the fabric. Check the other end also for a screw.

On my RV a few years ago, I had to slide the fabric, forward or back, in the grove in the roller to get it to wind up even.  Once I had it aligned correctly I put a screw in the grove to keep it from moving.

You can slide it at either the roller or the upper track, but the fabric needs to be "square" with the side of the rv so that both sides roll up at the same rate. as little as an inch off can make a big difference.

Mine does that during windy times. While it is extended(may take 2x) I give it a quick push to re-center the material so the arms match up when the awing is retracted. The material is secured with screws in the drip rail on the MH, but it slides/moves in the tube-slot.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dhoehn02
Back
Top Bottom