Dometic refrigerator rm2214

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

strykerld

Should my fridge run of my generator or just regular electric hook up? It seems to work on propane. Or maybe I didn't let it get cold enough before I switched from propane to the generator.

You don't mention what kind of RV you have. But if other appliances work from the generator (microwave, air conditioning, etc.) then so should the fridge. If those other things don't work, then you may need to move the shore plug, since perhaps there is no automatic transfer switch.

If we knew what your RV is, perhaps we could be more specific.

Your fridge runs on 120vac electric or on propane. It doesn't care whether the 120vac comes from a genset or shore power, as long as the outlet it is plugged into has 120v.

Most Dometics have an AUTO mode that will select 120v electric if the outlet is live, and switch to LP gas mode if not. However, I couldn't find an info online for the RM 2214, so not sure just what controls yours has. If there is no AUTO mode switch or selector, there should be a manual switch to select either LP (gas) or AC (120v electric).

Are you aware you have to plug the shore cord into the generator power outlet to get 120v power into the coach? I don't think that coach has an auto-transfer switch.

I had no idea about the shore cord. The overhead ac,  lights and microwave all seem to work fine when the Gen is running.

strykerld said:
I had no idea about the shore cord. The overhead ac,  lights and microwave all seem to work fine when the Gen is running.
Then your fridge should run off the genset too (as long as you've switched it over to run off A/C or have it set to "Auto.") Remember to give it adequate time to get cold. It can take half a day or more to cool down.

Kev

OK, Since the roof a/c works on generator, you need not worry about the shore cord. The fridge should work the same on genset as with shore power. And you don't need to pre-cool with propane first either, though in some models that cools a bit faster.

Back
Top Bottom