Dr Russell Mahoney's Memorial Service

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Betty Brewer

Moderator Emeritus
A Memorial Service for Russ Mahoney is being held on Sunday November 30, 2014 which was  the date of Russ'  birth.

The  Memorial Graveside Service will be  held at 1:00 pm at

Resthaven Park Cemetery,
6450 W Northern Avenue
Glendale, Arizona

A reception will follow to  be held at
Happy Trails NC1 building
17200 W Bell Road
Surprise, Arizona
Russell's' obituary  appeared in the Arizona Republic Newspaper today and can be found  here.

A guest book is available there for you to put any  messages of condolence.  In addition cards could be mailed to Russ' sister at

Pam Francis
1012 Pinon Oak Drive
Prescott, Arizona 86305

Thanks for the link to Russ's obit. Still can't believe he's moved on.

PS Does Terry know you're the "Better" Brewer ? :)

Betty, I included a photo in Russ' entry. which I suspect you probably took but I didn't give you proper credit.  It was such a good photo of Russ with us at Anza Borrego!  Hope you'll forgive me for using it.

ArdraF

Thanks for posting Betty. Wish we could attend, but we'll be headed in the opposite direction.

FWIW we have Russ on our forum Memorial page, along with a number of other Framily members who have passed away.

Wendy said:
Thanks for the link to Russ's obit. Still can't believe he's moved on.

PS Does Terry know you're the "Better" Brewer ? :)

I had the priviledge to proofread the obit prior to publication. The draft was accurate. You gotta love spell check.  Terry thinks a Better Brewer would be his mom.  She is in the category of Russ as being a wonderful human being!

Betty Brewer

Tom said:
Thanks for posting Betty. Wish we could attend, but we'll be headed in the opposite direction.

FWIW we have Russ on our forum Memorial page, along with a number of other Framily members who have passed away.

Some great memories and tears there.  Thanks for doing that Tom and all.

Russ was my hero.

Joel

Wish we cold be there but life has other plans. 

We had good times with Russ and both of us fondly remember the phone call from him shortly after midnight when he called from AK with important news.  Can't remember the news as it really wasn't that important, he just wanted us to know and talk with him.    :)

We won't be able to attend the service either but we most surely will be there with you all in spirit!

I think my most favorite memory of Russ is the time we were in Moab and one of our trail rides was to Gemini Bridges.  Russ had his new Jeep and was having a blast driving it.  When we got to the Bridges, Donna/Sam Ruward started driving down the ledges and Russ followed right along behind her.  Half way down we heard a huge Yaaa Hooo! from Russ.  He had so much fun that day and his grin was from ear to ear the entire day.

ArdraF

One of my favorite memories is of a bunch of us forming a car caravan to get from Point A to Point B in Las Vegas.  We were all following Russ.  He just couldn't quite negotiate the route correctly and we circumvented the airport so many times we named it Mahoney Field.  ;D

I've great memories, from our first time in Pojoaque; and, his 2x; and to our 1 visit day visit to Gabriel's for their fabulous guacamole. I also will never forget the time he showed up as the Sunday Worship Service started in St. Philip and slid into the back pew. . . 

Thanks Betty.

I look forward to our Grandest Rally ever at the end of all our travels. May his soul and the souls of all the departed rest in peace. . .until that Day.

It looks like we should be able to make it.  We are planning to leave AZ on 12/1.

In and around Goodyear next two weeks or so.

Donna and I wish we could be there too.  Our favourite memory of Russ was looking out of the front window of our Motor Home in Des Moines and unexpectedly seeing Russ setting up in the site directly across from us.  We spent the next few days under his wing, and he was such a gracious host in his home town.
    As father Bob said, we look forward to the next big Rally in the sky.

Ed

Laurie and I will be there. Richard & Linda Sharp will also be coming with us.

Russ had been such a good friend. We have enjoyed his company during many visits at our home in PA as well as multiple locations across the US.

We miss him.

Tom and Margi said:
One of my favorite memories is of a bunch of us forming a car caravan to get from Point A to Point B in Las Vegas.  We were all following Russ.  He just couldn't quite negotiate the route correctly and we circumvented the airport so many times we named it Mahoney Field.  ;D

Being in that caravan, we remember the tour well ;D , and IIRC, Russ was using his Garmin ??? .

We can't make the graveside service but will try to be at the reception.

Russ should be able to catch the green flash regularly now :-* .

Please know we'll be with you in spirit along with Russell's very many RVing friends around the whole country.  He was all about kindness.  All about caring.  All about thoughtfulness.  All about loving his friends.  All about Apple!  All about humus or really good cheese for snacks, all about happy hours wherever he landed.  All about humor.  Miss him so much!

Back
Top Bottom