Drain site for Tanks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

birdwatcher58

I have a 23 ft Forester 2010 new. Have not had walk-through yet. When I attempted to file up my tanks today, water came out a blue pipe and a red pipe under the tanks. I had already attached to city water and opened the faucets to get the air out. Worked fine with city water, but now I cannot get the fresh water tank filled. Cannot locate the valve. Ready to leave, but need to get some water in the tanks. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

The red and blue pipe are the low point drains for your hot and cold water lines, normally opened to drain and winterize the water system. If you don't see vales on them, are there screw fittings on the end of the pipes? Mine hang under my trailer and have two plugs screwed into them, no valves.

New trailer, maybe they are in a drawer somewhere? Have you sanitized the tanks yet? Check the Library (link above) and look for Fresh water systems articles if you don't know how.

You said you can't fill the fresh water tank, cannot locate the valve. The fresh water tank normally does not fill from the city water feed, there is a fill port for the fresh water tank located on the trailer, but not necessarily near the city water hookup.

Hope this helps.

I foud or rather I stumbled onto somthing.  3 valves under the bed that were in the blue  lines. 2 valves were open and 1valve was closed. I closed the 2 valves that were open.s ein advanc
When i can see better I will try filling the tank. I have not beenfilling the city wated access. I attched the hose to the city water input, and I was able to flush the air out of the lines.
Thanks in advance,
Birdwatcher58

Back
Top Bottom