Drinking Water Hose

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sdasaro

Has anyone found a good easy to store drinking water safe 50 ft. hose? Seems shrink hoses are not safe and die in a couple of months. Standards round hoses kink like crazy.
Any suggestions?
Capt

99.9% of the times, I've always been able to get by with a 25' hose but I do have another one just in case. By two 25' hoses. Easy to store. Keep one where it's handy to get to and store the other one anyplace out of the way. The second hose is also a good backup in case the first one develops a unrepairable leak. 

We also have 2 25" hoses.

We store them in a 5 gallon bucket with lid. The hose can be coiled nicely into the bucket. I always wipe the hose before it goes into the bucket, but if it is not going to be used for a bit I make sure everything is dry.

I gave up on 50 footers a long time ago and keep three 25 footers with me all the time

Jack L

I bought two 25' hoses, then split one of them into a 10' and a 15' section.

Se store our FW hoses (a 25' and a 50') in a plastic wreath storage box.  It has a clear plastic lid and they sell 'em by the pallet at Walmart around the holidays.  ;)  The hoses coil up nicely in there and it's a flat storage item that slides in & out of storage easily.

I actually carry a 10 ft hose, which is adequate 90% of the time, and two 25' hoses, stowed away for the occasional need. With quick-connect fittings, I can easily snap together whatever I need for the current campsite.

A good quality potable water hose shouldn't kink easily, but the Camco hoses sold at most RV stores and Walmart aren't the greatest. The Neverkink brand (sold at Home Depot and other places) is better. I buy mine from rvwaterfilterstore.com and I've been using the same hoses since 2006.

Most of the 10" and shorter pre-fab hoses I've seen are 1/2" I.D. The 25' and longer are 5/8"I.D.
My 10' and 15' are made from a cut-down 25' to avoid the more restrictive I.D.

Speaking of hose diameter...is there really any point to using a 5/8 or 3/4 ID hose to feed the small-diameter PEX tube our water systems are made of? Are we out-thinking ourselves?  8)

johnhicks said:
  Speaking of hose diameter...is there really any point to using a 5/8 or 3/4 ID hose to feed the small-diameter PEX tube our water systems are made of? Are we out-thinking ourselves?  8)
It still reduces friction for the 25-50 feet going through the hose, so yes, there is an effect. In practice though, the flow limiters at each faucet are the bottlenecks, so I doubt it would be noticeable unless the CG had really low pressure to begin with.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thumpercolt
Back
Top Bottom