Drive 395 from Yosemite to Mammoth Lakes area? Tioga Pass?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just replaced all rotors, pads, fluid, re-greased slides and hope they are good to go but still want to be leary of the calipers as that is what the recall is for, I believe.  I do not think I would have a problem myself but my better half will be taking the kids on the trip and I just want her to be safe and secure.  Tom's advice may be the ticket.  Thank you all.

Oh Lord yes!  If you have brake doubts, by all means avoid Tioga.  At least I-80 thru Donner Pass has truck escape ramps.

Carl L said:
At least I-80 thru Donner Pass has truck escape ramps.

Only when westbound. Going east on 80 right now is a BIG hassle because of the road construction on the east side of the summit. The single lane is very thin with a wall on each side. The trucks manage it somehow, but it must make them very nervous only having a few inches on each side. And it's curvy too. I hate that part even in a small car. It seems to me that even the 45 MPH speed limit is too high in some places.

This is a very big road construction project, the most I have ever seen anywhere on 80 or anywhere else.

For more info., see here.

There are also detours for trucks and RVs on the west side, where they separate large vehicles from the cars.

-Don- SSF, CA​

OK, then we are agreed, the best way to get to the east side of the Sierra Nevada is to be born in Nevada  ;D

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trooper#1
Back
Top Bottom