Drivig MH in Yellowstone Park

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gsnell

We have a 25 foot diesel MH and are wondering if we should have a tow car with which to explore Yellowstone.... Commments?

You will have no problems with as 25 footer. I have explored it in a 39 footer.

There is no problem driving the roads in any size motorhome - I've driven a 40 footer through there - but parking is a chore in any size vehicle and 25 ft just adds to the difficulty. And you do a lot of parking to see the sights, including just pulling over to the side of the road when a bison or elk takes a stroll in your path. Often there is only a dirt pullout - or less. Even the views with real parking lots aren't roomy. I'd get the car if that is an option - it makes the sightseeing much more enjoyable.  If not, well, you will manage.

Came through last week from the north in a truck pulling a 31 foot travel trailer.  Kinda longish.  We went south and through the Tetons after staying at Yellowstone's Edge RV park.  Nice place.  We didn't camp in Yellowstone but stayed in the Tetons one night.  Meh.  The RV park was nice though.  No worries with driving that rig in the park.  Prepare for possible slow downs like Buffalo in the road...for a long time.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeeRob
Back
Top Bottom