Dropped the anchor

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PancakeBill

After a number of years fulltiming we decided to drop anchor and buy a home. ManufHome in a RV Resort with these and RV sites. Around a bunch of friends and right next to the SKP park we had been going to and on the 'Hotlist' for. We are at the point on the list to get a lease, but decided we wanted more room than live in RV and hang around in a casita.
Bought a 3 bed 2 bath, remodeled interior, resided exterior, lots of projects! Just about finished with all the projects, so what to do?
Why sell the big coach and find a workable smaller one. We found what we wanted, but many dealers aren't keen on taing a 23 year old coach in trade, no matter the condition, so I posted an ad last Friday night. Sat AM I had about 10 responses looking for more info and pictures, but I was working on the interior trim of our new windows, so posted a note asking for patience and I would post later in the day. Later that day I sent pics via PM to the first 3 folks, and 5 minutes later had a deposit. Dang, didn't even have time to wonder about doing it.
The coach we liked and wanted the 2022 to take advantage of the clearance pricing was in Milwaukee. Transport was estimated at around $3/mile and at 1700miles it wiped out most of the savings we might have gotten, so figure either wait a bit or see what was local used. Bang! took our dog for a walk, chatted with one of our neighbor friiends, she mentioned she was getting ready to sell her trailer, she gave me the key,, and it was almost the exact floorplan as the one we liked, but the difference was one we liked better, took my wife over to see it and her eyes lit up. (isn't that what we always want to see?). Went back and discussed and agreed on price. Moved my coach from storage to a rv site, then moved trailer to the one next to it and started the purge. 40' of full time into a 28' ??? Then get text the buyer will be here to pick it up on Tuesday noon! Slip into high gear, but we did it. Monday about 7PM, carried the last of contents out. Tues did a final spic and span wipe down pretty pretty, then picked up buyer at airport. He left Weds morning with a big smile.
For folks that don't remember or didn't know, we bought the coach 3 1/2 years ago from Terry and Betty Brewer,, and we couldn't have been happier, but as we all know the right hammer is needed for the right nail and we went from having spikes to tacks. we only needed the tack hammer now. When we bought we expected more years at full time, but things change.
What we bought, a Cougar 1/2 ton edition. 24 SABWE. Weight within our Grand Cherokee capability and beautiful, very lightly used condition. We have our first trip planned fairly local to see what we should have kept in and to see how everything handles.

Now need to change my sig line.

After a number of years fulltiming we decided to drop anchor and buy a home. ManufHome in a RV Resort with these and RV sites. Around a bunch of friends and right next to the SKP park we had been going to and on the 'Hotlist' for. We are at the point on the list to get a lease, but decided we wanted more room than live in RV and hang around in a casita.
Bought a 3 bed 2 bath, remodeled interior, resided exterior, lots of projects! Just about finished with all the projects, so what to do?
Why sell the big coach and find a workable smaller one. We found what we wanted, but many dealers aren't keen on taing a 23 year old coach in trade, no matter the condition, so I posted an ad last Friday night. Sat AM I had about 10 responses looking for more info and pictures, but I was working on the interior trim of our new windows, so posted a note asking for patience and I would post later in the day. Later that day I sent pics via PM to the first 3 folks, and 5 minutes later had a deposit. Dang, didn't even have time to wonder about doing it.
The coach we liked and wanted the 2022 to take advantage of the clearance pricing was in Milwaukee. Transport was estimated at around $3/mile and at 1700miles it wiped out most of the savings we might have gotten, so figure either wait a bit or see what was local used. Bang! took our dog for a walk, chatted with one of our neighbor friiends, she mentioned she was getting ready to sell her trailer, she gave me the key,, and it was almost the exact floorplan as the one we liked, but the difference was one we liked better, took my wife over to see it and her eyes lit up. (isn't that what we always want to see?). Went back and discussed and agreed on price. Moved my coach from storage to a rv site, then moved trailer to the one next to it and started the purge. 40' of full time into a 28' ??? Then get text the buyer will be here to pick it up on Tuesday noon! Slip into high gear, but we did it. Monday about 7PM, carried the last of contents out. Tues did a final spic and span wipe down pretty pretty, then picked up buyer at airport. He left Weds morning with a big smile.
For folks that don't remember or didn't know, we bought the coach 3 1/2 years ago from Terry and Betty Brewer,, and we couldn't have been happier, but as we all know the right hammer is needed for the right nail and we went from having spikes to tacks. we only needed the tack hammer now. When we bought we expected more years at full time, but things change.
What we bought, a Cougar 1/2 ton edition. 24 SABWE. Weight within our Grand Cherokee capability and beautiful, very lightly used condition. We have our first trip planned fairly local to see what we should have kept in and to see how everything handles.

Now need to change my sig line.
Congratulations Bill. That time comes for many RVers.

I'd forgotten you bought the Brewers' "Queen Mary". Knowing how meticulously Terry maintained that coach, you bought a gem. Hopefully, it will be an equally great find for the next owner(s).

Tom, we kept it up and updated, not quite the pace Terry did, but a number of upgrades, RF Mogul replaced the Winegard, added outside snap on window shades, added a bra. fixed as needing fixing, oil changes etc. No trips to Davis Cabinets though. Oh all new rear taillights, lens and LEDs. They sparkled.
Could not have asked for better previous owners!

Glad to her that your transition went so well. When we did that 10 years ago after 12 years fulltime it took as a couple of months to sell the 14 year old coach but we have now had it's downsized replacement for 1o years so hope that your next phase goes at least as well.

Thanks for the update, Bill. Seems you hit jackpot after jackpot in getting set for the new way of life. Hope you and Jolene are doing well.

Update, the Queen has arrived at her new Kingdom, she has a pole barn to stay out of the weather! Big upgrade from us who full timed since purchase. Our new to us Cougar is on a borrowed RV site 150' from the house. We are working on purging, tossing, selling, storing stuff that came out of the 40 and trying to fit in 28 without overloading. I am being very cognizant of the weight. The tool box I carried on the slide out tray I had to get my friend to help me lift int the car, that will go to workshop.

Cooking implements are being cut back, just won't need it all in the trailer.
Making a few improvements to the trailer, it has no Fantastic Fan/Vent! I ran power to the kitchen vent today, ordering the unit tonight.
Started with King platform, bottom 30" lifts for storage. So pulled the storage bay, trimmed down to Queen size, ordered mattress, arrived today and set it in. Hatch will need a kickstand to avoid taking my head off.
Onward. Still finishing out the windows and doors project on the house, but when life happens you need t respond.

It will be fun doing more 'camping', back to our roots.

Back
Top Bottom